How fast are paramedics allowed to drive?

I fully accept that paramedics & other emergency services do a fantastic job but the amount of times these cars come flying past is unreal. One approched me yesterday & he must have been doing at least 60 in a 30 zone,no doubt on route to an emergency but the crazy speed they travel at times leads me to belive that before long theres going to be a big accident.

I fully accept that paramedics & other emergency services do a fantastic job but the amount of times these cars come flying past is unreal. One approched me yesterday & he must have been doing at least 60 in a 30 zone,no doubt on route to an emergency but the crazy speed they travel at times leads me to belive that before long theres going to be a big accident.

Are you genuinely being ironic here?

Why do ambulances jump red lights, surely they should wait in the traffic queues like the rest of us ?

how about they stick to the speed limits in all areas and police ambulances and fire engines do the same! doesnt matter if anyone is in danger of losing their lives as long as there isnt a road accident caused by speeding emergency services eh :roll:

Why do ambulances jump red lights, surely they should wait in the traffic queues like the rest of us ?

Are you genuinely being ironic (too) ?

Please tell me this is a wind up...............:o

I nearly got run over by an ambulance yesterday, and by the car swerving to avoid it. If I got run over in front of an ambulance on the way to an emergency call, would they have to stop for me, or carry on to their call?

Please tell me this is a wind up...............:o

Nope I think they may actually be serious .........

So next question "why are lifeguards allowed to jump into water with clothes on - when were not?"

They can drive at whatever speed they consider to be safe. Sometimes, in hindsight, they get that judgment wrong and cause an accident; but not very often, in my experience.

I think [well i hope ] somebodys on a wind up here.

I nearly got run over by an ambulance yesterday, and by the car swerving to avoid it. If I got run over in front of an ambulance on the way to an emergency call, would they have to stop for me, or carry on to their call?

They would stop to attend to you and another ambulance would be sent to the original call.

All drivers of emergency vehicles have to take advanced driving tests and are FAR safer than the average boy racer who THINKS he can drive safely at excessive speed.

I think [well i hope ] somebodys on a wind up here.

Hope so........especially as this:

i live in sheffield but i had to be rushed to rotherham hospital on tuesday night, stayed on B1 ward.just wanted to say,fantastic people working there socks off none stop.thankyou all very much.

was a previous post of theirs!

No indication tho' of how fast the "rushed" was ........