Small Cinema in Sheffield ??

Does anyone know of a small cinema in Sheffield? I read about it a while ago and can't remember it's name (apparently they sell food and drink at normal uninflated prices) it's not the showroom or the one in penistone

It could be the Abbeydale Picture House, but iirc it closed down quite a long time ago.

It could be the Abbeydale Picture House, but iirc it closed down quite a long time ago.

I don't know where you get the idea that Abbeydale Picture House

was a small cinema, it held over 1,500.

Edited by mort
broken quotes

you don't mean the Lantern Theatre in Nether Edge?

It's all about cineworld bro's.

Does anyone know of a small cinema in Sheffield? I read about it a while ago and can't remember it's name (apparently they sell food and drink at normal uninflated prices) it's not the showroom or the one in penistone

I can't think of one although there used to a small independent one on Charter Square back in the 80s. It shut before the Showroom opened. It could be that one you read about if it was a while ago.

Think you might mean the showroom - see link

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/redirect.jhtml?qid=3c5c47c0c13d0769c913ec7f24020373&searchfor=small+cinema+in+Sheffield&action=pick&pn=1&n=77dd9441&ptb=9F647A32-3BB0-4568-8FAC-D203A89F711A&ptnrS=YRxdm053YYgb&ss=&st=bar&cb=YR&pg=GGmain&ord=8&tpr=&redirect=mPWsrdz9heamc8iHEhldEbkBBKSDGLYZOZS2KB80evy6QOvM1EVwzsi9W4lHP8ujYX5myN%2F6fpmGqd7c11wMN%2Fhy0M5PP1dM0DYo0UbwNc0%3D&ct=AR

bradfield village hall hold cinema evenings and afternoons they sell food and drink and you can even take your own chair.

I can't think of one although there used to a small independent one on Charter Square back in the 80s. It shut before the Showroom opened. It could be that one you read about if it was a while ago.

That was the Cineplex, which later became the Anvil.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/27493

theres a cinema in my cellar which seats 8 people

there is a kind of cult cinema in penistone they still boo the baddy and have an intermission and ice cream ladies come round.