Kickboxing/BJJ/Thai Boxing HELP !

You could try ekbjj north. Good mix of size and ability. Very fun class

I'm interested in training......trouble is I don't know which style to take up.

I'm after some advice really, I don't know which style would suit me or my very ample frame (5ft11, 20stone) I don't feel I have the confidence to take on gradings at the moment but I'm hoping that will come with time and training.

I have also had bad experiences in the past with a couple of clubs, I wont mention names but they have been mentioned on the forum in the past.

I have searched the forums many times and read the posts about Wicker Camp, Gracie Barra and AFK...... I have even driven all over Sheffield looking for the places themselves. Its having the courage to actually do it that I'm struggling with :help:

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated

Hi Gibbo,

You will be more than welcome at AFK. At AFK you will be taught by instructors who care more about the individuals than just receiving a training fee.

At AFK we focus on correct technique both Attacking and Defensive. The emphasis at AFK is not just on "trying to be hard" but on being able to apply correct technique safely and well.

You will be taught some of what is detailed below in your first lesson :

Correct Boxing Stance (wether Orthodox or Southpaw)

Footwork , linear , lateral and circular (both to advance and to escape)

Guard protecting the face and body

Basic Punches: Jab Cross Hook Uppercut.

Basics Kicks , with the feet shins and knees.

Most importantly , how to execute the Roundhouse Kick with REAL POWER you will be surprised at how many kickboxing clubs dont teach you how to use your hips and weight transfer correctly or even how to "dig the shin" into the target area.

You will have a lot of fun putting on the Gloves and striking the Thai pads, focus mitts and the 14 Punch bags in the gym at full power.

You will also take part in stretching and muscle toning exercises as well as a cardio based warm up.

Your size will not be an issue, we have had bigger here in the past.

The other clubs mentioned on this thread are also very good. Check them all out.

Speak soon

Farhad

Its in a secret location..lol..

I'll PM you Emma

Craig,

Looks like im one of the select few who know the secret location , do i have to learn the secret handshake "old man" :hihi:

Only shaking you have to worry about is your neck when my hand is round it....:hihi: laters pal.. when you coming down, haven't seen you for ages..

Only shaking you have to worry about is your neck when my hand is round it....:hihi: laters pal.. when you coming down, haven't seen you for ages..

I really have been slack havent I :gag:

Hoping to pop round on saturdays again. I enjoyed those sessions.

Try this place:

http://www.japanese-martial-arts-sheffield.co.uk

If you're not interested in grading yet you can just come along and try it out.

The first week is FREE.

You could just train once a week on Saturdays for just £5, its an hour and a half session.

All round martial arts, karate sparring, self-defence, grappling, weapons etc.

Video of training: http://youtu.be/v_FmFozkomY

Edited by Fred1