Photographer wanted. Build your portfolio

Photographers

Edited by FACEBOOK

Dear oh dear oh dear,

This is a photography forum, NOT a photogrphers forum!

That's an odd distinction.

Photographers militant Union > INCOMING!!!

Not much of a valid response really!

Not much of a valid response really!

I'm sorry.

Edited by FACEBOOK

@alliancegas - Thanks, I'm happy

Edited by FACEBOOK

To be honest, I think the term "Professional Photographer" is a rather funny one. The only people that should really be calling themselves professional photographers are world renowned fashion, journalists etc with celebrity like status who have taken iconic images we all know and love. Anyone else is just a bloke with some quality camera equipment and the ability to press a button. Actually that's not fair, photographers then have to use their "magical powers" to turn the digital images into photographs. Maybe it is rocket science after all.
I think I can smell a Troll.

Incorrect.

Edited by FACEBOOK

Clearly you know very little about photography.

Clearly you know very little about photography.

Take wedding photography

Edited by FACEBOOK

Take wedding photography as an example, if you go and check out the website portfolios of say 10 or more random "blokes" offering their "professional" photography service packages, you will notice,

The costs are mostly outrageous for what they actually do on the day. They all arrange the couples into the same tired old poses, it's wedding photography by numbers. Go look at some random sites, mostly all the same shots. Once you know the standard wedding poses, anyone could do it. I fail to see the skill involved which must be the general perception due to the many similar requests as the OP. Don't hate on me for pointing it out.

Shooting a wedding is far more than just turning up at the church and taking some snaps, for a start a full wedding shoot can easily be a good 12hr day. There is the prep work with the bride and groom beforehand, all the PP work done on a computer. Things like converting from a digital negative file to a more computer friendly file, black and white conversions ect ect. The photographer will most likely have an assistant with them to help out, then there is the equipment the photographer is useing which should be the top level stuff which can easily be costing well over £5k. Then there is all the other overheads which any business would pass onto the customer.

You fail to see the skill involved proves your lack of knowledge about photography, it's not just about picking up a camera and going click click click, anyone can do that. Getting the exposure correct, understanding how ISO, aperture, shutter speeds and metering work together, flash setting.

Although i will say there is a huge difference in quality between people that are both calling themselves professionals. There are people churning out the same old same old boring avarage stuff.

I think the problem is people DON'T understand the skill in producing a quality image and do just think it's a case of click click click. It amazes me how many people have expensive dslr's and leave it set to automatic mode. Shoot in manual mode then you will suddenly realize it's alot more skillful than you think.

Edited by dvp82

Incorrect.

It is my belief that a photographers skill set is no more real than the emperors new clothes.

Sighting confirmed.