Forge Valley impressions

I'm loving Forge Valley which I was originally quite reluctant to admit being one of those parents who joined the marches and fought against it. I am now a parent governor. The modern concept of a community school works well and information is readily available on the website. My daughter loves it there and has really come out of her shell. There have been some teething problems but these are being sorted bit by bit and generally the children are happy. The occasional incident has occured but these are dealt with very quickly and I have to say I have heard of far more at other schools in Sheffield so FV really cannot be thought badly of when these do occur. It is inevitable in modern life and the importance is how it is dealt with surely.

We are also looking forward to getting started and using all the facilities. It seems a great place.

Otmane EL RHAZI.

Did they ever sort out the short uniform skirt problem? I see they've now banned stretchy skirts of any kind. I would have thought that these were better than the skirts they offered to begin with?

after visiting this dreadful place on a few occaisions, personally I would think

more emphasis should be placed on more serious concerns than txts being sent to 100s of phones about the wearing of stretchy skirts(would like to

know the cost of this procedure,and who pays for it)

:confused:

I shut my mind to it as long as things seem to be going ok but after every visit or contact I feel it's still a dreadful place. Unwelcoming, unpleasant atmosphere, negative blame culture. Torn between leaving her there and going through the upset of moving schools

I have witnessed the youth as they make their way to school.

Swearing, smoking, wearing baseball caps the wrong way round, chewing gum, using slang, mobile phones going off, kids not crossing the road when the green man is displayed, girls wearing make up, boys unshaven, shouting and general horseplay on the pavement.

NOt good

Get a grip lol thats most teenagers in uk you just described,like that everywhere not just at this school!

Lol, most of the lads haven't got anything to shave! And pretty typical of most teenagers to be honest. As for stretchy skirts, they really are scarcely more than hairbands or belts, so good that they are banned. As with any school, there are always things to be refined and tweaked to make systems work better. Isn't that a sign that something isn't dead?

Mod Note

Posts removed for giving out personal details.

I think lyndsay1972 's original post was valid and I and a number of others agree with the point made. I'd like to see it re-posted with the offending parts omitted.