Changes to the water hardness in Sheffield

Is it the hardness or softness that makes it taste more like there is chlorine in it?

This explains the poor quality and foul tastes of water in recent months. Why has the blend had to be changed? Why are we getting a drop in quality and such a huge hike in prices?

This explains the poor quality and foul tastes of water in recent months. Why has the blend had to be changed? Why are we getting a drop in quality and such a huge hike in prices?

generally due to water shortages, and where they can send "grid" water, its happened for the last few years big time locally. water treatment plants, boiler feedwater, swimming pools etc all affected with varying degrees of scale. i'd expect we are using our own local water presently due to high levels in local resevoirs, but anything will do with the water companies, their remit is very broad in terms of what they can supply as potable water.

generally due to water shortages, and where they can send "grid" water, its happened for the last few years big time locally. water treatment plants, boiler feedwater, swimming pools etc all affected with varying degrees of scale. i'd expect we are using our own local water presently due to high levels in local resevoirs, but anything will do with the water companies, their remit is very broad in terms of what they can supply as potable water.

Thanks for the informative reply, ChrisT70.:)

Guest sibon

It is better for your teeth Darth. And possibly your heart. And for making beer.

Beer isn't better for your heart though:)

just be thankfull we arent in the good old US of A with their horrible strongly chlorinated water you cant make tea with! no wonder they drink so much "cawfee" :-)

It is better for your teeth Darth. And possibly your heart. And for making beer.

Beer isn't better for your heart though:)

I don't think it'll end up being. I've been drinking coke as the water is too foul to drink.:hihi:

just be thankfull we arent in the good old US of A with their horrible strongly chlorinated water you cant make tea with! no wonder they drink so much "cawfee" :-)

Eeugh. Can't stand the smell of chlorine. (yes, I know some smartass will come along say chlorine doesn't smell except when .....)

back to the medieval ages of "small beer" for breakfast and lunch due to the undrinkable water of the day lol

My cousin moved to Mablethorpe, and moans that after she brushes her teeth, they're yellower than they were before, due to the hard water :hihi:

--------------

Thats proberly the sea water thats coming through the taps.

Cheerio Now.

we have enjoyed the soft water of yorshire for hundreds of years it's the best water in the country, makes the best cup of tea no horrid after taste, if you go down Norfolk it's s hard as it can cat it's barely drinkable we have bottled water when we go there, every time you boil a kettle you see a scum on the cups in the kettle, in the bath it doesn't wash clothes right you can't get a good lather from the soap we need to be thankful for the water we have here and the water companies should leave it as it was, they are only doing it to make more money for their shareholders they should not tamper with what gave us for free please we should all fight this move x