Gypsy Horse Fair near Wakefield, fun day out?

Has anyone been to Lee Gap horse fair, held somewhere between Wakefield and Dewsbury. It's the oldest established Gypsy fair going back to a royal charter from King Stephen in 1139.

It's a week on Saturday on 17th September at West Ardsley and there's a video of last year's event here -

Im waiting for the Gypsy eviction on TV, I can't be bothered with Youtube now its got adverts.

YouTube has adverts? That's news to me although I have adverts blocked on my browser and don't see many.

The Gypsy eviction won't make edifying TV, but a visit to a horse fair might be a good day out. I went to Stow-on-the-Wold horse fair a few years ago which is the second biggest Gypsy fair after Appleby and it was great fun.

Why don't all the bailiffs wait round the corner (maybe behind an hedge or something) down Essex where the camp is, and when all the Gypsies go off to the horse fair, they step in and evict them ?

I should be employed by someone to over see stuff like this :D

Why don't all the bailiffs wait round the corner (maybe behind an hedge or something) down Essex where the camp is, and when all the Gypsies go off to the horse fair, they step in and evict them ?

I should be employed by someone to over see stuff like this :D

Because the gypsies are a bit more intelligent than this?

You'll never get a job outsmarting gypsies.:hihi:

I couldn't think of a worse place for a day out TBH.

The females dress like drag queens and the lads just stand around drinking and looking threatening.

I suspect outsiders wouldn't feel welcome.

I couldn't think of a worse place for a day out TBH.

The females dress like drag queens and the lads just stand around drinking and looking threatening.

I suspect outsiders wouldn't feel welcome.

Like I said previously I've been to the big Horse Fair at Stow-on-the-Wold and didn't feel out of place or threatened at all.

Jeremy Clarkson also visited Stow Fair and wrote a funny article about it - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article717688.ece

Because the gypsies are a bit more intelligent than this?

You'll never get a job outsmarting gypsies.:hihi:

We would tell them we are all having a week off before hiding, Im not that stupid, I've thought this through :hihi:

lets hope the gypsies dont get evicted

Has anyone been to Lee Gap horse fair, held somewhere between Wakefield and Dewsbury. It's the oldest established Gypsy fair going back to a royal charter from King Stephen in 1139.

It's a week on Saturday on 17th September at West Ardsley and there's a video of last year's event here -

Ignore the ignorant racist chumps and get along. Bound to be an exciting day and something different for you and your family.

Been to Appleby Fair whcih is huge and an incredible experience.

lets hope the gypsies dont get evicted

It would be impossible for the not to be. If you were seen to give favor to people breaking the law just because they did it on mass then you would have a total breakdown of society. Its much like we saw with rioting/looters, should we call to let all those people off also ?

Nope they will be moved. Maybe with some under the table dealings and pay offs but they will have to be seen to be moved and surcome to the law.