Westwood roundabout Stocksbridge bypass A61/A616

Have you the link?

That entire area is built on a not so old pit wharncliffe-silkstone

Here you go

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/road-scheme-abandoned-over-mine-workings

I read either in Chronicle or some other publication about financial implications preventing further work.It gave the impression Barnsley Council had no extra money to put in the pot. I thought Dept of Transport were paying but seems Barnsley have to contribute as well (or not as now seems to be the case)

It's the other side of the M1 and right on the boarder with Sheffield so it's not like they give a toss anyway.

I don't think the design was particularly good in the first place though and alot of improvement could be had by just sorting out the approaches to the roundabout and putting in a couple of by-pass roads.

Here you go

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/road-scheme-abandoned-over-mine-workings

I read either in Chronicle or some other publication about financial implications preventing further work.It gave the impression Barnsley Council had no extra money to put in the pot. I thought Dept of Transport were paying but seems Barnsley have to contribute as well (or not as now seems to be the case)

Cheers Waddy..

Thanks for the update, looks like we'll be waiting indefinitely then

:(