Give some respect to the Moderators.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Who's the bitterest man in the living room then :lol:

I've been banned 3 times mate, deal with it.

Time served, damage done move on. I don't respect the mods any less because at the end of the day they have a job to do (for free) and they have to do it... end of.

This isn't a suck up to the mods post either... anyone who know's me, knows I would NEVER suck up to the mods. However even I know enough to see where they are just doing there job. So deal with it!

I may go and lie down in a dark room for a while. This thread is getting way too unreal.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

at the end of the day they have a job to do (for free) and they have to do it... end of.

don't make me laugh kirky lad.........what job....banning people for bugger all just to feel important........they love it......so long as there's no bad language or abuse whats wrong with people posting opinions? if someone posts stuff i don't like i don't read their posts..simple innit........

*awaits ban for daring to say what i think*

Originally posted by max

I may go and lie down in a dark room for a while. This thread is getting way too unreal.

take it easy max...all this work and no pay must be really tiring:)

Originally posted by kirky

don't make me laugh kirky lad.........what job....banning people for bugger all just to feel important........they love it......so long as there's no bad language or abuse whats wrong with people posting opinions? if someone posts stuff i don't like i don't read their posts..simple innit........

I agree to an extent that some moderators I feel 'get off' on exercising their power and can get trigger happy with bans.

You've got to admit it though old man, Geoff sets the rules and they have to enforce them. You may get someone a little more open minded such as JoeP who deals with your case or you could get someone who's not such as _________ (insert name here) who isn't.

Sometimes I admit it's luck of the draw which moderator you get. However come on admit (even I can), you wouldn't get banned if you followed the rules to the letter (whether we deem them fair or not).

It's just posters such as me, thee and one or two others that post close to the thin red line and as such sometimes it gets whipped from under our feet.

Simple really.

So stop moaning you old wishy washer and get wiv da program :P

Don't confuse him to much Kirk, he only found out yesterday that max is a bloke. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

We only pull stuff and ban people when the rules have been contravened, kirky.

We don't ban folks for their opinions, except where those opinions might be truly offensive to other users, contravene Forum rules (e.g. selling copied software or spam) or might be viewed as libellous or in any other way breaching the laws of the land.

The recent spate of 'hijacking' threads - inserting jokes and other off topic material in more serious threads annoys a lot of users, and in those cases we have pulled posts, suggested the posters use the 'Bored' forum and, when they didn't listen, applied bans.

Joe

Originally posted by JoeP

We only pull stuff and ban people when the rules have been contravened, kirky.

Joe

here's what ****** me off joe here's a for instance........a thread i did entitled "speaker forsale" the title wasn't long enough so i did a few dots like this ...........to make the title long enough,i got a pm telling me if i did it again i'd be banned,i was told not to use no more than 3 dots.......now how sad is that.....i had some speakers and they were for sale.......what else did the jobsworth in question want me to put:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

its laughable mate:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

here's what ****** me off joe here's a for instance........a thread i did entitled "speaker forsale" the title wasn't long enough so i did a few dots like this ...........to make the title long enough,i got a pm telling me if i did it again i'd be banned,i was told not to use no more than 3 dots.......now how sad is that.....i had some speakers and they were for sale.......what else did the jobsworth in question want me to put:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

To be fair I agree with Kirky here.

This whole title of the thread needs to be longer situation is pointless and overly difficult.

I too haveto sometime put dots after a thread title just to make it long enough. I mean we're describing the thread in the title but it's still not good enough for the forum.

That to me is a little OTT and should be addressed.

We've had very few forum members complain about the length of titles so why should we change it? In fact, we have had far more complaints from members about non-descriptive titles.

The length of title rule was put in to prevent people putting in meaningless one word titles or, in extreme cases, exclamation or question marks.

After several requests certain members persisted in using dots to bulk up stupid titles and so a ban was threatened.

We can't win can we?

Yes.... lower the character limit.

You can ban one word titles by placing a character limit to say 8 (inc spaces).

Then if someone posts "speakers for sale" it wont be considered too short and we wont need to bulk it up with ............

What do you want?

"Speaker for sale by Kirky" would that be long enough?

Come on... if you want us to have common sense you guys need to have common sense!

OK - put up a longer title in the first place.

On a more serious note, you do have a reputation for short titles in the past and so if we think you should have got the message about sensible titles, we will get a little ratty about the issue.

Joe

Originally posted by max

After several requests certain members persisted in using dots to bulk up stupid titles and so a ban was threatened.

We can't win can we?

max the title was speakers for sale.......how can that be described as not a suitable description:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: