Where is the best italian in Sheffield

We are going our for a special occasion in a few weeks, and want to go to an Italian, that is rerasonably priced with excellent food preferably in or around town or woodseats /ecclesall rd area? Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Momma and leonis next to the Brown Bear pub is lovely.:love: It's near the Crucible.

A year or so ago I would of said Al Caretto but it closed after many years of good service :sad:

Instead these days I tend to go: Portafino next to White Lion (Heeley Bottom) Mama's & Leonies (town), BB's (Town) or La Luna (Ecclesall Road)

All which come highly recommended!! ;)

pizza hut sounds you'r best bet matey

I take it you don't get out a great deal?

Mama's & Leonie's for me every time. Can't beat it. They have been going since 1968 (in the same premises) and have always given the same excellent quality of food and good value for money.

Mind you, it is now a few year's since I last visited!!

not as much as i used to now i am 76 i am sorry to say...

Depends what you are looking for lots of nice Italians in Sheffield but for the real thing try the La Romantica on London Road, does not look much from the outside but the chef is great at real Italian food, and the prices are not out of reach, but if you want to go up market and impress try Antibo's in West one, great food but pricy but then you usually get what you pay for.

i think la luna on ecclesall road is rather nice and lovely atmosphere, have a great night out