Whats it like in Malia, Crete?

im going to malia on the 23rd of september does anyone know what its like at this time of year? weather? is it expensive? wheres best places to go at night? any info much apprechiated :)

im going to malia on the 23rd of september does anyone know what its like at this time of year? weather? is it expensive? wheres best places to go at night? any info much apprechiated :)

i went in 1996 in july and it was like the wild west and very hot, i went again in 2001 in mid september and it was a lot quieter though still very hot, some places close mid september like everywhere else, but a lot stay open i think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that the places that are open will be competing more for your custom thus making it very affordable for drinks and food - lucky you i wish i was going have an ace time :)

Absolutely dreadful. It has a KFC that should say it all. Horrible place. Built up .. Perfect for piddle heads who can imagine they are still I the UK.

thankyou! i cant wait just my first time booking it all myself havent got a clue haha!:)

what can I say, the very epitome of the English abroad. Drunken men (boys) staggering around, looking for easy sex and equally drunken girls showing all they`ve got, offering easy sex. Not the place for a good holiday

well im going with my boyfriend on a couples kind of holiday... so its more of a break than a party kind of hol

its heaven on earth if you 16 - 25 and hell on earth for everyone else.

what can I say, the very epitome of the English abroad. Drunken men (boys) staggering around, looking for easy sex and equally drunken girls showing all they`ve got, offering easy sex. Not the place for a good holiday

shes going late september its quiet then nothing like july or august

still not my idea of a good holiday, and no, I`m not an OAP

crete in general is fabulous (my favorite place on earth) - take a trip to spinalonga - amazing :D

malia is more of a younger persons holiday spot - all places have areas where the 18-30 crew hang out - malia is THE 18-30 spot in crete BUT not all places tolerate it. If you want more peace go to stalis (next town back towards the airport) quieter and more family orientated. Try the gyros - delightful.

Wish i was going to crete - but booked corfu instead this year - have a fabulous time and let me know how you got along

lovely weather, beware of quad bikes mowing you down, go on a greek night, absolutely fab, stalis is better and try the water park just up road from stalis, have a great time