AFK SUPERLEAGUE Kickboxing and MMA Event ,19th November QUEENS ROAD

Interview with Rob Moore from AFK about the forthcoming WHITE COLLAR Kickboxing bout on the AFK Superleague :

AFK-SL= You are due to fight on the AFK Superleague. What are your thoughts on that.

RobM

. I am excited and honoured to be fighting on a prestigious and respected show such as the AFK Superleague. After seeing

friends and training partners fight on the shows I have had the ambition of fighting on the shows since beginning training at AFK.

AFK-SL = Your contest is billed to be a "White Collar Kickboxing Bout" do you care to Elaborate on that?

RobM

It's a match up between two professional people, don't panic though office politics and pleasantries will be left well alone once the bell sounds!

AFK-SL = What do you know about your oppponent? I'm aware that this is your first fight?

RobM

I know he's from a good camp in SDF and that he has heavy hands, has a lot of heart and has the tendency to start fast.

I know he is slightly more experienced and is certainly up for the fight, it should be a great match up between two well prepared fighters.

AFK-SL= How have you been preparing for this big event?

RobM

Loads of Cardio!!! I am the underdog on paper so I plan to be much fitter. Iam of course training at AFK 3-4 nights a week and sparring with great fighters such as Ant Stuchbury who is the champion at my weight and other up and coming AFK Fighters many of whom still have unbeaten records.

Also we have had Camp invites at Thanapron Muay Thai Camp and also at Caged Steel Barnsley.

I think its great how my coach Farhad Ali has an open minded approach towards Camp invites. AFK maintains strong links with reputable gyms as opposed to many other gyms that want to keep everything "in house".

The best thing about the training is training camp atmosphere at AFK there are 5 fighters all training to fight on the show all making sure no one slacks off, the intensity is certainly there and will keep increasing. I'll be well prepared put it that way.

AFK-SL = Do you have a prediction as yet?

RobM

I'm not going into that, just get yourselves a ticket and watch the AFK boys go.

Edited by chefkicker
fill in the questions and correct mistakes

The next Interview will be centred around the MMA Welterweight Title between Michael Gabbitas (Kapap gym) and Rich Taylor (Stocksbridge)

ey up mate,hope your well-i watched your fight with Rich (my first time watching an AFK show),very impressive as i know how tough Rich is. 6ft is hardly short-one slip up and i face the possibility of hitting the canvas from 6ft5-i'll get altitude sickness lol. Perhaps you'll have a drink after to celebrate my 30th b'day and 4th victory? :D

Am very well thank you and yourself? yes rich is very tough and doesn't stop comin,but i had is number in that fight i was very rusty from a long lay off been a rough 18month but am back now and the title will be staying with me mate lol but i will certainly have a celebration drink with you for you birthday looking forward to the war;)

Am very well thank you and yourself? yes rich is very tough and doesn't stop comin,but i had is number in that fight i was very rusty from a long lay off been a rough 18month but am back now and the title will be staying with me mate lol but i will certainly have a celebration drink with you for you birthday looking forward to the war;)

im well too thanks ,had a couple niggles after my last fight but im now entirely focused on separating you and your title lol, glad your back on form as i wouldnt want to face you at anything less than 100%. looking forward to the dust up (i'll have a big box of paracetamol ready for my headache) and looking forward to the drink afterwards

im well too thanks ,had a couple niggles after my last fight but im now entirely focused on separating you and your title lol, glad your back on form as i wouldnt want to face you at anything less than 100%. looking forward to the dust up (i'll have a big box of paracetamol ready for my headache) and looking forward to the drink afterwards

I like your attitude Neil!!! I'll join you both as well as your brother afterwards as well but no Alcohol for me , a lemonade will be fine ;)

I like your attitude Neil!!! I'll join you both as well as your brother afterwards as well but no Alcohol for me , a lemonade will be fine ;)

if i was sensible i would take a leaf from your book mate and have a paracetamol and lemonade, after 5 fights you'd think i'd realise alcohol doesnt make a good painkiller for battered legs haha! i dont see the need for arrogance and disrespect, much rather walk into the ring as opponents, slug it out and leave as friends. then have an alcoholic drink!

if i was sensible i would take a leaf from your book mate and have a paracetamol and lemonade, after 5 fights you'd think i'd realise alcohol doesnt make a good painkiller for battered legs haha! i dont see the need for arrogance and disrespect, much rather walk into the ring as opponents, slug it out and leave as friends. then have an alcoholic drink!

Ive just been beasting Ant now at the gym. Hes looking reasonably fit already. We were on about this today, he has full respect for you and looks forward to a clash of skills in the ring. He is more than happy to have a drink with you afterwards.

He was impressed with your sense of humour in the interview as well.

I agree with you about arrogance but a bit of trash talk wouldnt go amiss ;)

:hihi:

In the week or two before the fight there will be a further interview just for the fun of it.

We still have to put Rich Taylor's interview on for his title fight too. Rich's title fight against Michael Gabbitas is going to be a WAR!

Both fights are worthy of main event.

Glad you back on track too your last fight was awkward that guy is very awkward and doesn't stop coming but you did ok but I'm afraid its gonna be a repeat performance for you mate just more ruthless good luck pal;)

Glad you back on track too your last fight was awkward that guy is very awkward and doesn't stop coming but you did ok but I'm afraid its gonna be a repeat performance for you mate just more ruthless good luck pal;)

LOL Those are Fighting words!!! I like the "good luck pal" (meaning " youre going to need it" ?) Pass me the spoon someone ;)

LOL Those are Fighting words!!! I like the "good luck pal" (meaning " youre going to need it" ?) Pass me the spoon someone ;)

I have a lot of respect for him and his camp,but i believe rich thinks I'm easly beat and that i. was lucky against him so i got a lot to prove but believe me. no one is having that title unless i give it to them.

hahahahaha!!! i've been tag teamed!! i think i was possibly a little unlucky last time out, i could give loads of excuses for the loss but at the end of the day i did feel strong and fit on the night and the judges are better qualified than me to make the decision. luck is for the under prepared and i'm very prepared as i know what waits for me if im not, winner to buy drinks? i'll feel bad taking your title and allowing you to buy me a drink also....Farhads a lemonade, what would you like ant?......

hahahahaha!!! i've been tag teamed!! i think i was possibly a little unlucky last time out, i could give loads of excuses for the loss but at the end of the day i did feel strong and fit on the night and the judges are better qualified than me to make the decision. luck is for the under prepared and i'm very prepared as i know what waits for me if im not, winner to buy drinks? i'll feel bad taking your title and allowing you to buy me a drink also....Farhads a lemonade, what would you like ant?......

LOL at Tag teamed!!! All in sport All in good fun. Ive never been as excited for an up and coming show. Family members will be coming up just for the show once again so whatever the result is make sure youre both at your best!

Lets show them a worthy main event to round off an excellent night out eh lads? ;)