The demise of greasy spoons

So my life is fulfilled all I require sometimes is greasy spoon cafe where I can enjoy a good high cholesterol un-pc full english breakfast, with no ponsy stuff such as carpets, no 5-a-day dooms-day leaflets, just a straight forward half decent proper fry up with a cuppa tea.

But apart from a few poor attempts in the Castle Market, where else is there in Sheffield? Nothing on London Road, the Moor, fargate or even division street.

Is it me or is there a gap in the market for Greasy Spoons to cater for simple old fashioned slobs like me?

There's a good one on Abbeydale Road, with a proper vinyl jukebox. The Abbey Cafe, opposite the junction with Wolseley Road.

I use KAZ's cafe on Mansfield Road, S12.

Pretty decent on Saturday morning after a few Friday beers.

It is also open on a Sunday morning!!

There's Wendy's Cafe on the corner of Burton Road and Hicks Street, near Kelham Island.

There are two on South Road in Walkley. We're spoiled for choice for fry ups. Nowhere to get a decent cup of coffee though.

Or you could try Wetherspoons. They have carpets, but the food is pretty bargain basement - lots of grease and cholesterol for not very much money...

There's a good one on Abbeydale Road, with a proper vinyl jukebox. The Abbey Cafe, opposite the junction with Wolseley Road.

Assuming you're talking about the one that often has scooters outside - then Yes. I've only been in once, about a month ago, but I enjoyed it.

It's years since I regularly ate at such places, so the ones I remember may have gone -

On South Road, near the Library end, on the opposite side of the road, and

One on Westfield Terrace - I've just checked on Streetview, this one has gone.

Where's Butlers when you need it?

We used to regularly walk around the Grindleford/Fox House/Hathersage area, and often planned our walk to finish at the cafe at Grindleford Station. The problem was that after a while we changed it to start at the cafe, with a breakfast before our walk. Of course, after we'd eaten, we didn't feel much like walking, so we had to give that up. I don't know what their breakfasts are like now, as its years since we've been.

A mate has the full English every day at 'The Cafe In The Park' at Millhouses, I think that he said it was a fiver, if he recommends it you can count on it being good.

O'Reilleys on mansfield road do a proper fry up and the meyt an tater pies are worth killing for.

try the breki at the crusty cob,u can even get black pud mmmmm,we have the small one,what a plate full,they are round the corner from wendys cafe on burton st,can recomend this one......................................

There's Wendy's Cafe on the corner of Burton Road and Hicks Street, near Kelham Island.

Just been there on a Groupon Deal 2 Brekies and coffees for £3 you cant beat it

There are two on South Road in Walkley. We're spoiled for choice for fry ups. Nowhere to get a decent cup of coffee though.

Or you could try Wetherspoons. They have carpets, but the food is pretty bargain basement - lots of grease and cholesterol for not very much money...

Best coffee deal in Sheffield is Weston Park Museum any coffee £1 before 11am and you should try their Belgum hot chocolate swonderful!!! and thats a £1 too