Sign in to follow this  

Whats happened at man united?

first of all, as most of you know, i have never liked man utd, nor will i ever....... for various reasons, mainly being they have such arrogant fans (like leeds)

but yesterday i was shocked to see there squad against charlton.

yes they got a quality result being 3-1 (normally this result would be a formality in past seasons) but lets look at the team.

Van Der Sar - far from a spring chicken

O'shea - i don't believe this player is up to "man utd" standard

Ferdinand - class player,

Brown - well..... he can do a job, but still not "man utd" standard

Silvestre - i quite like him to be fair, warrants his place

Fletcher - not of "man utd" standard

Scholes - past his best, but still can turn a game

Ronaldo - still has a lot to learn, but a quality player all the same

Smith - no matter how much he plays in midfield, and how well he did against chelsea, i cant see him as a midfielder.

Rooney - dont think i need to comment on boy wonder

Van Nistelrooy - quality player, very dangerous

Subs (this is where you have to pay attention)

Rossi - great potential..... we shall see for future

Park - although he did well for PSV last season, i dont rate this player at all since coming to man utd

Richardson - another player that potentially could make it.....

Bardsley - really..... i mean come on he is taking a long time to "come through the ranks" get rid of him man utd

Howard - poor replacement for Van Der Sar

Where is this "great" team what we all loved to hate? i know they have a few inuries in giggs/neville, but i fear the worst for man utd i honestly do. its going down hill, and it does not seem to be getting any better.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

but i fear the worst for man utd i honestly do. its going down hill, and it does not seem to be getting any better.

We can only pray that they do go further downhill.

Glory seekers would be off to Chelsea then....

I do not fear for Man United. Every club has peaks and troughs. Without Abramovichs cash we would still be considered, along with Arsenal, to be favourites for the title.

The team simply needs one, maybe 2 central midfielders.

I fully expect some class to arrive in January.

As for the glory hunter comment, would you like some salt and vinegar for the chip on your shoulder?

to be honest, i dont see where your money will come from to buy 2 centre midfielders..... glazers dont look to be ready to part with any cash at all.......

like i say, i hate man united, but i dont wanna see them drop off like i think they will do

Man Utd will continue to stutter and fail to make progress for as long as Ferguson remains in charge. It's time for a change.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

first of all, as most of you know, i have never liked man utd, nor will i ever....... for various reasons, mainly being they have such arrogant fans (like leeds)

but yesterday i was shocked to see there squad against charlton.

yes they got a quality result being 3-1 (normally this result would be a formality in past seasons) but lets look at the team.

Van Der Sar - far from a spring chicken

O'shea - i don't believe this player is up to "man utd" standard

Ferdinand - class player,

Brown - well..... he can do a job, but still not "man utd" standard

Silvestre - i quite like him to be fair, warrants his place

Fletcher - not of "man utd" standard

Scholes - past his best, but still can turn a game

Ronaldo - still has a lot to learn, but a quality player all the same

Smith - no matter how much he plays in midfield, and how well he did against chelsea, i cant see him as a midfielder.

Rooney - dont think i need to comment on boy wonder

Van Nistelrooy - quality player, very dangerous

Rossi - great potential..... we shall see for future

Park - although he did well for PSV last season, i dont rate this player at all since coming to man utd

Richardson - another player that potentially could make it.....

Bardsley - really..... i mean come on he is taking a long time to "come through the ranks" get rid of him man utd

Howard - poor replacement for Van Der Sar

Where is this "great" team what we all loved to hate? i know they have a few inuries in giggs/neville, but i fear the worst for man utd i honestly do. its going down hill, and it does not seem to be getting any better.

For one I agree with you Robbie.

We are going on the slide faster and faster this season.

I have a different view of the squad as well- some of our views match though!

Van Der Sar - For me our buy of the season- and a quality replacement for schmeichel already- has shown why we should have got him in earlier than this.

O'shea - He's cack - out the door please.

Ferdinand - world-class player - when he can be arsed :)

Brown - I dont like him- he cocks up at the worst possible times.. another player who should be out the door.

Silvestre - Agreed

Fletcher - I dont care how many people tell me he is good, he is ****e- and needs to dissapear quickly.

Scholes - I've been saying this for a while now and people think I'm mental for it- he is past it and he dosent care anymore- I think he should be out of the team by the summer.

He's a shadow of what he was - and its been coming for a few years now.

Ronaldo - He's fantastic- a few more years experience will sort him out further me thinks.

Smith - He's no keane and he never will be.. he does try and has heart though which I like about him.

Rooney - I've said this once I'll say it again now- he has eclipsed Gazza ALREADY for me.. he is phenomenal and we are lucky to have him.

Van Nistelrooy - A legend! And he has shown the fans this season that he is with them which is fantastic- I watched him on Match Of The Day on Saturday, his whole demeanour tells you what he thinks is going on behind the scenes.

He knows what happened with Keano and he doesnt like it!

Rossi - Quality signing- a steal from Parma and one to watch!

Park - Agreed, although a few more seasons might sort him out hopefully.

Richardson - The jury is still out for me on him- I like him at the moment though.

Bardsley - From what I've seen of the lad- I like him.. I think he could be the replacement for Gaz Neville- only time will tell.

The great team has gone- we still have a few players of true world class in the squad and we need to add some more very quickly to sort ourselves out- a change of manager will start the freshening up for me.

Originally posted by IanMitchell

We can only pray that they do go further downhill.

Glory seekers would be off to Chelsea then....

I dont want to see the club go further into the ****.. but you are right about the gloryseekers!

Originally posted by Guderian

I do not fear for Man United. Every club has peaks and troughs. Without Abramovichs cash we would still be considered, along with Arsenal, to be favourites for the title.

The team simply needs one, maybe 2 central midfielders.

I fully expect some class to arrive in January.

As for the glory hunter comment, would you like some salt and vinegar for the chip on your shoulder?

Agreed with the midfielders and I pray to someone up in the clouds that I dont belive in but I hope will sort us out if he does exist!, that we get what we want for January.

Originally posted by Agent ****

Man Utd will continue to stutter and fail to make progress for as long as Ferguson remains in charge. It's time for a change.

Agreed!

Welcome to Manchester Ottmar!