I Put Petrol In My Diesel Car In Morrisons

Out of interest which Morrisons was it where you filled up please?
i think the original thread title said it was at meadowhead or round that area

There was a time when it was possible to insert a flexihose down the filler pipe and syphon the fuel back out.

Tastes great, anybody tried it recently ?

I too put Petrol into my diesel car, Luckily I realised after about £5 worth and rang guys I work with (luckily all men) they told me to fill the tank completely with diesel and it would be fine. I had no problems what so ever afterwards :)

They did say however it would have not been possible to do the other way around as diesel is an heavier fuel so does not dilute with petrol very well. Dont know if they where scaring me or whether this is true. I now have a petrol and never want to find out :D

Edited by Sheff Chick
added

cost me a lot more £50 for petrol didnt realise what I had done . drainage and newfilter cost me £350 plus should have gone away on holiday next day with caravan all lost!!!!!!

Ouch!

Wife did this on Friday. Got it towed to garage where it was drained, new filter and then filled with diesel. Came to £289.

(That included new battery, rear pads and full service! All of which I knew the car needed anyway)

We once put diesel in instead of petrol. Sent for breakdown, he came and told us to fill up with petrol to dilute and it should be ok, might smell for a few miles but it was fine. He saved us a lot of money.

It's different the other way around though.

Diesel into petrol, you'll be okay.

Petrol into diesel and you need it draining.

Fair play to you for daring to post this, but seriously... are you really so deluded you think something must have changed?!

Unbelievable.

Try being nice for once in your miserable life... someone may be nice to you.

Try being nice for once in your miserable life... someone may be nice to you.

I love it when people pretend to know someone on the internet. I'm nice to people who aren't complete and utter idiots.

Sadly that excludes you and the original poster. Shame.

i love it when people pretend to know someone on the internet. I'm nice to people who aren't complete and utter idiots.

Sadly that excludes you and the original poster. Shame.

DO NOT FEED THIS ONE; IT BITES!

:evil:

It's different the other way around though.

Diesel into petrol, you'll be okay.

Petrol into diesel and you need it draining.

^^

This is true.

In a diesel car, the diesel acts as a lubricant on things like the high pressure diesel pump. Stick petrol in and it strips the lubrication off the pump and after a little while, stuff starts to seize.

Put petrol in a diesel car, DO NOT START THE CAR. If it's a couple of litres then you could fill up with diesel to dilute the petrol but, any more and it's a drain the tank job.

G

^^

This is true.

In a diesel car, the diesel acts as a lubricant on things like the high pressure diesel pump. Stick petrol in and it strips the lubrication off the pump and after a little while, stuff starts to seize.

Put petrol in a diesel car, DO NOT START THE CAR. If it's a couple of litres then you could fill up with diesel to dilute the petrol but, any more and it's a drain the tank job.

G

As my previous thread wife put £20 worth of petrol into her diesel (Seat 1.9TDi) car which was nearly empty. Drove out of the garage and it dies 50yds down the road.

My mechanic drained the tank changed the fuel filter and put diesel in it and then ran it for an hour. No problems. Picked it up yesterday and I have used it for my 60 mile commute today and its running fine. He did say we were pretty lucky. If it had more diesel in it it would have run for longer and more damage would have been caused.

DO NOT FEED THIS ONE; IT BITES!

:evil:

Look at my (first) reply, and the abuse I got back.

Do you REALLY think *I'm* the troll here?!

By the way, I don't post much (mainly because of things like this) but I've been here since 2004. I'm a slow working troll ain't I?!

Edited by clublander
cabbage

U can mix petrol with diesel to a max ratio of 60% diesel and 40% petrol.

Thats what i got told on a training course and i work for big prestige brand at meadow head. It happens a lot in colder countries to thin the diesel so it doesnt freeze. Better than having a camp fire under the fuel tank lol.