I Put Petrol In My Diesel Car In Morrisons

The main thing is DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR if you put under 5ltrs in fill up with diesel and run down to half and fill up at least 3 times , if you fill up call the AA, they have a special help line and truck that comes to drain the fuel for about £90 plus cost of re-fuel if needed.

This advice came from AA after i googled it after my wife did it lucky she called me straight away.

Thats rubblish, diesel pump nozzle are design to be bigger so it cant fit into a petrol car, why tell lies? does it make you look clever?

i have to say you are in correct not all garages have different size nozzles per day over 300 people mis -fuel thier cars.

Ruthyb-My brother in law did the same thing with a brand new Jaguar 50grandsworth,he ran it a few miles without realising until it started playing up.He had to have a complete engine rebuild costing 7 grand,only one place in Sheffield does it he said.His insurance paid it but his premium shot up by £200 a very expensive mistake!:roll::gag:

Well that's a new one on me, I would take the option if my insurance company offered it, which it doesn't.

i have to say you are in correct not all garages have different size nozzles per day over 300 people mis -fuel thier cars.

its law the diameter of the diesel pump nozzle is bigger so it will not fit into a unleaded fuel car,

I thought the problem the OP had was putting petrol into diesel, nozzle size would make no difference if the diesel is bigger.

yes but this guy is making up a story just for the sake of it

We once put diesel in instead of petrol. Sent for breakdown, he came and told us to fill up with petrol to dilute and it should be ok, might smell for a few miles but it was fine. He saved us a lot of money.

thats going to be very costly if you mve the car if its still on the forecourt leave it there and get it towed to were you can drain the tank or you could be lumbered with up to a thousant quid

or if pumps have changed somehow

Nope. You're just looking for a way to excuse your stupid action. :)

yes but this guy is making up a story just for the sake of it

How do you know they are making it up??? Not all cars are standard, it could have been a older or import car for example?

the small nozzle was introduce to cars in 1992 along with cat

as long as you havn't started the engine its just a case of draining the tank isnt it? if you do and it conks out thats when it gets well pricey.

has anyone had recent problems at the petrol pumps here? i mistakenly put petrol in my diesel car last week and have never made this mistake before. I have had a diesel car for the last 10 years. Just wondered if anyone else has done the same lately

Out of interest which Morrisons was it where you filled up please?