I Put Petrol In My Diesel Car In Morrisons

Did it in May this year, petrol into diesel ... £37 for the petrol, £120 to have it towed away and drained and then had to fill up with diesel ... cost me about £200 in the end ... ouch!!!

cost me a lot more £50 for petrol didnt realise what I had done . drainage and newfilter cost me £350 plus should have gone away on holiday next day with caravan all lost!!!!!!

cost me a lot more £50 for petrol didnt realise what I had done . drainage and newfilter cost me £350 plus should have gone away on holiday next day with caravan all lost!!!!!!

:o:o:o Was he wearing a mask too???

I would think that cost is about right, petrol is a solvent and damages the seals ... I didn't start mine after filling up with petrol hence the cheaper cost of draining.

I cant understand why I used wrong fuel yes they are different colours just wondered if anyone had done the same recently or if pumps have changed somehow

Fair play to you for daring to post this, but seriously... are you really so deluded you think something must have changed?!

Unbelievable.

We once put diesel in instead of petrol. Sent for breakdown, he came and told us to fill up with petrol to dilute and it should be ok, might smell for a few miles but it was fine. He saved us a lot of money.

That is worth remembering if you have started to realise before topping the tank up to the top! - Unfortunately, I always fill my tank to the limit, so I am glad it hasnt happenned to me!

We once put diesel in instead of petrol. Sent for breakdown, he came and told us to fill up with petrol to dilute and it should be ok, might smell for a few miles but it was fine. He saved us a lot of money.

It depends how much of it you have put in: if you've filled your tank, then there obviously won't be enough space to dilute it.

I think BP uses a different colour code to everyone else. I put a couple of gallons of petrol in by mistake a while back.

Question for the others: why did they have to tow it away to drain it?

Stick an appropriate pump on the fuel line: you can do that anywhere.

Edited by Hairyloon

It depends how much of it you have put in.

Question for the others: why did they have to tow it away to drain it?

Stick an appropriate pump on the fuel line: you can do that anywhere.

You could try these I suppose

http://www.forecourtassist.co.uk/

Was his van called Black Bess ?? :hihi:

Ruthyb-My brother in law did the same thing with a brand new Jaguar 50grandsworth,he ran it a few miles without realising until it started playing up.He had to have a complete engine rebuild costing 7 grand,only one place in Sheffield does it he said.His insurance paid it but his premium shot up by £200 a very expensive mistake!:roll::gag:

I filled up here the other day and did have a look, the pump i used had 3 nozzles 2 diesel and 1 petrol, so you must be very unlucky.

yeah i did it at meadowhead morrisons a few weeks ago. I put petrol in my diesel tank, and ive had a diesel car for years and have NEVER done it before. I just put it down to me having a stupid cloudy headed day!

Luckily i only put a bit in, and i just topped it up with loads of diesel and car has been running fine ever since.

Thats rubblish, diesel pump nozzle are design to be bigger so it cant fit into a petrol car, why tell lies? does it make you look clever?