I Put Petrol In My Diesel Car In Morrisons

has anyone had recent problems at the petrol pumps here? i mistakenly put petrol in my diesel car last week and have never made this mistake before. I have had a diesel car for the last 10 years. Just wondered if anyone else has done the same lately

Isn't the diesel pipe black and the petrol one green? Do you mean they put wrong fuel in the pumps or something?

Apart from being different coloured hoses, the nozzle on a diesel pump is larger in diameter than that of unleaded petrol.

Look's like it's your oopsy...

put more diesel in and forget it.

Edited by Muldoon
my oopsy

Isn't the diesel pipe black and the petrol one green? Do you mean they put wrong fuel in the pumps or something?

I cant understand why I used wrong fuel yes they are different colours just wondered if anyone had done the same recently or if pumps have changed somehow

has anyone had recent problems at the petrol pumps here? i mistakenly put petrol in my diesel car last week and have never made this mistake before. I have had a diesel car for the last 10 years. Just wondered if anyone else has done the same lately
shudda gone to specsavers:hihi:

The hole to the fuel tank should be labelled with the fuel type in big print?

Did the car work with petrol in it?:huh:

nothings changed as far as I know. I've seen a lot of people do it and known a few that have. You pay for the petrol and for the garage to drain the tank £££ expensive.

edit *** see my later post I think they have put a very confusing advertisement on the pumps.

Edited by Dizzyblonde
had a look at the petrol station

Did it in May this year, petrol into diesel ... £37 for the petrol, £120 to have it towed away and drained and then had to fill up with diesel ... cost me about £200 in the end ... ouch!!!

i noticed that there diesel was 7% bio fuel, seems a lot to me

We once put diesel in instead of petrol. Sent for breakdown, he came and told us to fill up with petrol to dilute and it should be ok, might smell for a few miles but it was fine. He saved us a lot of money.