PCN Kelham Island

Wrong. You ARE allowed to load and unload on double yellows UNLESS there is a loading restriction, which is denoted by yellow bars on the kerb and stated on the relevant signs.

The CEO's usually allow a reasonable amount of time before they actually ticket someone, to see whether there is loading activity taking place.

ok fair do's so if in this case there are no loading restrictions then he will possibly have a sucessful appeal ground should he wish to do so and has proof it was short period loading/unloading only. :)

There is nothing more frustrating than people putting their hazards on while they double park or otherwise illegally park. Why don't we all just park wherever the hell we want? As long as we're using our lights to indicate that we are aware of our illegal parking it's fine isn't it?

Hazards? Any woman will tell you they are shopping lights.

Wrong. You ARE allowed to load and unload on double yellows UNLESS there is a loading restriction, which is denoted by yellow bars on the kerb and stated on the relevant signs.

Highway code says;

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see 'Information signs' and 'Road markings'.

Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs.

Highway code says;

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see 'Information signs' and 'Road markings'.

Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs.

Yes, I know that. When you are loading, you aren't parking or waiting.

Highway code says:

Loading and unloading. Do not load or unload where there are yellow markings on the kerb and upright signs advise restrictions are in place (see 'Road markings'). This may be permitted where parking is otherwise restricted. On red routes, specially marked and signed bays indicate where and when loading and unloading is permitted.

Highway code says;

"Waiting" is not "unloading"

so the law doesnt apply to him?! do you not understand me?! I got a ticket...why didnt he?

The waiting restriction only applies to the area which is designated as public highway. The area behind the footway may not be public highway, that's probably why the black car didn't get a ticket.

If you see instances of drivers not complying with waiting restrictions, report them to Parking Services. They have mobile CEO's who can come round and deal with it. Tel: (0114) 273 6158

Different areas get different levels of enforcement. There are not enough CEO's to give the same level of attention to every street in the city, so, for example, main routes are prioritised at peak periods.

to the OP.

your sig shows a business you run, are you aware that every post you make is an advert for your business.

so far you have told me to crawl into a hole and called halibut a numpty. every post is losing you potential customers. and a nice google search now shows your a businesman who tries to get off a crime.

there's a time in everyones life when they need to just stop posting something on a thread. that time as come for you.

glad to see you care about my business acumen! 95% of my business flow doesnt come through this site! My views are my own, hence this is a forum. No way have I said i am against the crime or dodging etc but as my post first stated, it relates to my father! MY own ticket, i challenged on unfair ground personally due to the red and black car shown on the photo! after reviewing it the council did not agree and I paid the fine like another citizen,

opinions are knocked so badly...we may as well all just keep stuff to yourself!

if people want to judge me go ahead but every human has an opinion we are not robots!

you spat out your dummy because you got caught and someone else didn't.

chill out dude. learn your lesson and don't do it again.

Photodrew, can you please clarify something?

Who issued the parking ticket? Was it the council or was it a private firm?

If the council issued the ticket then you have to pay it or appeal.

If the ticket was issued by a private company for parking on private land it's unenforceable and you don't have to do anything.

Edited by Nagel

Photodrew, can you please clarify something?

Who issued the parking ticket? Was it the council or was it a private firm?

If the council issued the ticket then you have to pay it or appeal.

If the ticket was issued by a private company it's unenforceable and you don't have to do anything.

council mate!

i did because for me it seemed one rule for one and not the other! i was fuming becos if i got one fair enuf, i jus followed suit and parked there meerly 4-5 weeks before I was finally given a ticket! but if 3 / 4 got one, y nt the other!? consistancy! also there are no signs up wat so ever and someone can go and check the street out if they so wish: Manton Street

council mate!

i did because for me it seemed one rule for one and not the other! i was fuming becos if i got one fair enuf, i jus followed suit and parked there meerly 4-5 weeks before I was finally given a ticket! but if 3 / 4 got one, y nt the other!? consistancy! also there are no signs up wat so ever and someone can go and check the street out if they so wish: Manton Street

So you parked on double yellows 'meerly' (sic) 4-5 weeks and you're still outraged when you get a ticket...just because you 'followed suit.

Yeah, so, like if someone was committing murders and getting away with it, you'd think you could get away with it too - nip out and bump a few people off? Is that how it works?

blowing way out of proportion! cba with this now, what done is done! not repeating or elaborating further