Ever been to Harrogate?

I was wondering if anyone has ever lived in Harrogate and could give some advice on what its like there. Or if anyone has visited and would like to share their opinion on the city.

Thanks

Yeah visited it a few times, it seems a nice place. Quiet, not much going on, quite friendly, and always feel safe there.

i've been a couple of times, it's a nice place but rather expensive

they run people who wear tracksuits out of town

Nice place, only visited/worked there. Oddly until about last week the only postcode without a tesco.

I'd live there if I could afford to.

i've been a couple of times, it's a nice place but rather expensive

they run people who wear tracksuits out of town

Quite right too, anyone dressed in that manner are obviously up to no good :nono:

Didn't think you were allowed into Harrogate unless you could show your Gold card to the riff-raff police.

The town centre is beautiful. Only the train station is an eyesore. You can easily spend a day there. There are loads of shops, cafes, greenery and lovely buildings to look at. One warning, if you're going by train it was cheaper for me to buy a return to Leeds and then another return to Harrogate from Leeds because of the fares system. I actually bought the Leeds to Harrogate ticket on the Sheffield to Leeds train from the conductor. I bought the ticket to Leeds at Sheffield station. It was stupid and I don't know if it's changed now. This happened a couple of years ago.