Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

Hi Algy

Careful now, don't confuse Cottam and Cottam67 - not the same mate. Neither of us were in FCH but we both have parents that were. Don't think anyone is up to a book. But we are thinking of starting a website to help people who are looking for family or friends and to help point people in the right direction so they can find their records and more about what happened to them.

Cottam is still looking for his mum's 13 lost siblings, so as you can see a huge task ahead for him. So if you come across any cottams out there who might have lost family then point them in this direction or if you are one of the lost cottams then make yourself known... You never know we might be related...

cottam67

Not so much confused as a lazy typist! A book would probably be a pretty harrowing read anyway by the sound of it, but the website sounds a good idea. I'm not a Cottam but I do know a family of that name so I'll drop the word.

Regards

Algy

Cheers Algy!

You just never know...

Cottam67

Hi everyone on thursday's FCH thread

We have got flyer now as well who was at FCH and a new guy - mune10366 who has just joined who was at FCH.

Hi Mune10366 welcome to the thread!

cottam67

Hi Thursday yes iwas in fulwood from 39-1946 I've been chatting to cottam67 a bit, but as memories come back I will be happy to give you any info I remember

Hi everyone

It's really not been easy for Thursday getting her records - the records office seem to have variable performance in terms of how they deal with people. I know Cottam said that he found it okay; my dad had trouble with a very unhelpful woman; Thursday likewise.

Flyer and mune and others - have you tried to get your records and if so how did you find it?

cottam67

Hi everyone

It's really not been easy for Thursday getting her records - the records office seem to have variable performance in terms of how they deal with people. I know Cottam said that he found it okay; my dad had trouble with a very unhelpful woman; Thursday likewise.

Flyer and mune and others - have you tried to get your records and if so how did you find it?

cottam67

Cottam/Lavender

We will have to chat about setting up a website dedicated to FCH I think, as discussed previously.

Cottam67,

Agreed. It would be a good idea to get as much information as possible in one place, accessible to those who were in FCH and their relatives. Let's talk more about it.

Lavender

Glad to report I've encountered a very kind and helpful lady on "Search 2"

She has suggested several avenues that could be worth exploring and may bring results.

A big THANKYOU to all the people who have offered their help, support and understanding: I will let you know how I get on, though I expect that it will be well into January before anything comes through.

Happy Christmas to you all!!

Thursday.