Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

I can remember my mum saying somat about my dad working n a farm wil have to ring her to find out more

Hi Thursday yes iwas in fulwood from 39-1946 I've been chatting to cottam67 a bit, but as memories come back I will be happy to give you any info I remember

Hello Flyer, my dad was in fulwood around the time you was there with his 2/3 brothers Alfred (dad) gordon and graham, Thomas, dont know if you remember them I'm after info about them sadly they have all passed away now

Hello Flyer, my dad was in fulwood around the time you was there with his 2/3 brothers Alfred (dad) gordon and graham, Thomas, dont know if you remember them I'm after info about them sadly they have all passed away now

I think i reply some time back re Alfred Thomas if my memory serve me correct there was a lad of the same name in with me cottage #2 from when i went in 1940 untill me leaving 1946 IF this be the same alf let me know regards Adrian B Clarke

I think i reply some time back re Alfred Thomas if my memory serve me correct there was a lad of the same name in with me cottage #2 from when i went in 1940 untill me leaving 1946 IF this be the same alf let me know regards Adrian B Clarke

it is possible mate he was in with his 2 brothers graham and gordon and i suspect 2 sisters as well june was one of them sadly my dad as passed away and my mum as vauge memories so if you could tell me more about the time in there or let me know of any other way of finding out about the place I would be very grateful cheers mark

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 19:23 ----------

Hello Adrian I'm not right up on the forum, as you can see I only joined a couple of days ago so I'm a newby. but if you can help me out I will be very grateful, his brother died a couple of weeks ago (Graham) he was the last of the brothers all gone now I'm afraid to say, so you can see I'm trying to trace a bit of his past, the name of the farm he worked on his mates and any thing really

it is possible mate he was in with his 2 brothers graham and gordon and i suspect 2 sisters as well june was one of them sadly my dad as passed away and my mum as vauge memories so if you could tell me more about the time in there or let me know of any other way of finding out about the place I would be very grateful cheers mark

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 19:23 ----------

Hello Adrian I'm not right up on the forum, as you can see I only joined a couple of days ago so I'm a newby. but if you can help me out I will be very grateful, his brother died a couple of weeks ago (Graham) he was the last of the brothers all gone now I'm afraid to say, so you can see I'm trying to trace a bit of his past, the name of the farm he worked on his mates and any thing really

no can only tell you things in general, remember Alfred well but he was maybe 3yrs older than me so not a lot of contact I left in 46 pretty sure he was still in but couldn't have much longer since he must have been around 14, have posted before re Alfred without going back through all my posts think it was is Grandaughter??Iwill check

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 12:34 ----------

Ok now I've got the post just up a bit "crazy1955"must be one of your kin:):)

no can only tell you things in general, remember Alfred well but he was maybe 3yrs older than me so not a lot of contact I left in 46 pretty sure he was still in but couldn't have much longer since he must have been around 14, have posted before re Alfred without going back through all my posts think it was is Grandaughter??Iwill check

---------- Post added 09-02-2013 at 12:34 ----------

Ok now I've got the post just up a bit "crazy1955"must be one of your kin:):)

Yeah she is mate one of my sisters sadly we are no longer in contact thats why I tried on my own when I posted I had been to Graham's funeral as you guess he as passed away too, so now I believe thats all my dads bro's gone now well thanks for you reply, if you can tell me more about the place And my siblings I would be very grateful cheera Mark

Yeah she is mate one of my sisters sadly we are no longer in contact thats why I tried on my own when I posted I had been to Graham's funeral as you guess he as passed away too, so now I believe thats all my dads bro's gone now well thanks for you reply, if you can tell me more about the place And my siblings I would be very grateful cheera Mark

For the most part with maybe only ONE known exception the house mothers where a very nasy vile bunch(I have to be very carefull the Mods ' :gag:just love to suspend me for not embacing all with LOVE)this seems to have changed after the war in 46 on ,we dressed well, war time food always looking for more and shavedhead we stood out like a sore thumb would seem so many who were in long term had many(but not all) problems later on like the drink,I always ranaway a lot but dont recall Alf ever taking off, looking back i suppose depend on the person I left at 11 never heard any thing bad about the lads going on the farms at 14 now the sea training school from what I've know was another hell hole with lots of sexual abuse but again some seem to have come though O.K.

For the most part with maybe only ONE known exception the house mothers where a very nasy vile bunch(I have to be very carefull the Mods ' :gag:just love to suspend me for not embacing all with LOVE)this seems to have changed after the war in 46 on ,we dressed well, war time food always looking for more and shavedhead we stood out like a sore thumb would seem so many who were in long term had many(but not all) problems later on like the drink,I always ranaway a lot but dont recall Alf ever taking off, looking back i suppose depend on the person I left at 11 never heard any thing bad about the lads going on the farms at 14 now the sea training school from what I've know was another hell hole with lots of sexual abuse but again some seem to have come though O.K.

Yeah my dad had his moments, not to bad tho he drank quite heavily, and smoked like a chimmney, he had a few volitile outbreaks and vented his anger on the kids and my mum but we came thro, well I would like to thank you for your help and I have been intruiged reading the posts I tried to order the book mentioned but no avail I'll keep reading the posts cheers Mark

hi i would like to hear more on fchomes please my dad and his brothers were in there in the forties

hi i would like to hear more on fchomes please my dad and his brothers were in there in the forties

Don't know what else there is to say thats not been said before if u think of anything u need to know for the war yrs ask me after the war ask Brian ,it was a thing of those times and times change at a rapid rate:):)

Hi Thursday

Don't want to plunge you into the Internet too deeply at this stage, but I bought my copy of the book for a couple of pounds on eBay, so it's worth a look. To be honest, there's only the last few pages of the book about the Fulwood Cottage Homes. If you can't get hold of a copy I don't mind copying the relevant stuff and PM'ing or emailing it to you. Let me know if that would help.

Regards

Algy

eny chance of senning me a copy of fulwood cottage homes as my mum was in there email buckrodgers1@hotmail.co.uk thanks rob