Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

Does anyone know of a children's home or orphanage in Nethergreen?

I was there in the late '40s-early '50s, but can't remember what it was called!

Thanks, Thursday.

I remember there was a place called Fulwood Cottage Homes.

hazel

THE FULLWOOD COTTAGE HOMES,BOLEHILL BLACKBROOK RD FULLWOOD.

OPENED IN 1905 21 COTTAGES OFFICE WORKSHOPS AND ASSEMBLY HALL ETC BUILT FOR 362 CHILDREN.:thumbsup:

Try the thread , Information about orphanages in Sheffield, in Ganeral chat. ;)

Hello Peterdo,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm a complete nitwit on the computer: what is "the thread" and how do I do it?

Yours, hopefully, Thursday.

Hi thursday. Go to home page click on General chat, then look down the titles. good look,pete :)

Dearest Peterdo!!!

You are a genius - even I could follow your instructions, though I was a bit daunted to see that there were 177 pages!

Yes, I found the section (thread?) you had in mind, and wrote down all the possibilities there. I'll type them into Google (one at a time - I do know that much!) and see what is thrown up. Then I got so fascinated by all the different threads(?) that I've spent the last two hours reading them all.

I didn't know there were such things on a computer! Maybe they're not such terrible things after all!

Thankyou again, Thursday xxx

Originally posted by thursday

Dearest Peterdo!!!

You are a genius - even I could follow your instructions, though I was a bit daunted to see that there were 177 pages!

Yes, I found the section (thread?) you had in mind, and wrote down all the possibilities there. I'll type them into Google (one at a time - I do know that much!) and see what is thrown up. Then I got so fascinated by all the different threads(?) that I've spent the last two hours reading them all.

I didn't know there were such things on a computer! Maybe they're not such terrible things after all!

Thankyou again, Thursday xxx

*rubs hands, gleefully*

Yeah! that's another one well and truly hooked!

lol

PT

Hi Thursday my mum was in the fulwood cottage homes 1940 she had many brothers and sisters who were lost during the time she spent there I have found two of her brothers and I am looking for her sisters now, one of who is a twin.

There is also a bookletFor "The Love Of Children" a story about the poor children of sheffield and fulwood cottage homes

Dear Plain Talker,

Another one -what-, well and truly hooked on what?

Thursday.

Dear Hazel, Thankyou for your response: several people have made suggestions and it looks as though it was the Fullwood Cottage Homes that I was in. You say "remember" it: can I ask what and how?Yours, Thursday.