Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

Hi Wilf CAZA looking for info on his dad name of Walker was in #1 same time as you do you remember him

my 3 brothers myself and sister were in fulwood cottage homes on 2 occassions between 1946 and 1947----our name is walker---fred.jack.alan.cyril and flora

can only remember steve disney and jean emery and one vile cleaner there called nettleship who thought it was great fun to shut young children in dark cupboards. my brothers although around the 70 area still have nightmares of the way they were treated in those homes.----in fact my brother jack who died some years ago wrote his autobiography which made horrific reading which related to the homes.

even so i would like to hear from anyone who was there at that time.

my name is fred who spent most of my time playing football on the playing field and did not experience the beatings that my younger brothers did.

cyril who now lives in scarborough swears blind he did and is still affected by what happened.

would love to read the book what has been mentioned.

paid a visit recently to where the homes was but its now an housing estate

after years of being a girls remand home.

Hi Fred left in 46 a little before your time but twud seem It depended on what house you landed up in ,one or two not so bad but a lot of nasty vile one's,I don't think the man in charge had a clue what was going on or maybe for that era just look at the choice's they had to be old spinsters without a home or life of their own no wonder some of them drank baby's blood for a laugh

Hi I've learnt that my great uncles were at fch in 1915, one stayed in 3 months the other 6 years until 1921. I have photos of the man who ran the home and another one of a Miss Simpson who was "mother" to both boys (I think one of the boys in the photo is one of the uncles). Did you ever set up that website? :confused:

I was in fulwood from 1948/1957 in house 21 my house perants mr mrs smith the 1 person i remember is a girl named ann bell

Hi Algy,

i have recently moved to sheffield and my mother who now lives in York was in the Fulwood Cottage Homes from 1951. My mothers coming to visit next weekend and i'd like to take her to the homes as i feel its a part of her life i know nothing about. I ve tried finding that book on the internet and can't find any copies, i was wondering if you could PM me the pages you were talking about, that would be great?

my dad was in fulwood cottages in the early 50,s.we drove near the area today and he spoke abit about his time in there.he almost died there,most of the kids had gone home for visits an he was very ill with appendicitus but the vile house mothers ignored him,he remembers a nurse who finally took pity on him and rushed him to hospital,a week later having returned to the cottages perintenitus set in and he almost died of blood poisening.he then spent 6 wks in a place in scarborough to recover,he said this place was worse than the fulwood cottages!my dad says there were some evil house mothers but he remembers a decent one who he recalls being called daisy?.he was in the cottages a couple of times with his brother and 2 sisters.my dad is william ferriter(bill)his brother was john ferriter,and the sisters were margaret,Ilene and sally ferriter was anyone in there the sametime who remembers them?????

Hi,

Would anyone be willing to talk to me about their experience and memories of the Fulwood Cottage Homes? I'm a trainee journalist and think this will be really interesting as many people don't even know these homes existed? If your interested just PM me.

Thanks

hi,

would anyone be willing to talk to me about their experience and memories of the fulwood cottage homes? I'm a trainee journalist and think this will be really interesting as many people don't even know these homes existed? If your interested just pm me.

Thanks

--------------------

hi joa07sdr,

have you read the threads in the ----

children`s homes or or`phanages.

Will answer your message soon and send pm.

Sheffild 2

hi,

would anyone be willing to talk to me about their experience and memories of the fulwood cottage homes? I'm a trainee journalist and think this will be really interesting as many people don't even know these homes existed? If your interested just pm me.

Thanks

--------- hi ya friend,---- sorry i didn`t get back to you and it`s been a long time now.

I have been off the threads as i`v been in between things.

Did you get anyone to come forward on your offer regards

f.c.homes stories.

And the book you might be looking for is for the love of

children, you can order it from w,h,smiths.

If you do get back intouch we can p,m each other if thats

o,k with you.

Thanks for flyer passing you the imformation on??

Brian

OK Brian you can tell us been in jail again ,u r with friends

ok brian you can tell us been in jail again ,u r with friends

hi ya flyer.

I know i said i have been in between things on my last post

but it wasn`t the bars in jail. Hi-hi.

Not seen you around much, i thought you`d be on a vacation

holiday touring the u,k.

Were having a sunny w/end here, 4,00pm now. Bye.