Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

Hello Thursday,

Thankyou so much for all the information in which you sent me.

I can't tell you how much i appreciate it.

can you tell me how i can get anymore information of the names of the children that were in the homes?

Once again thankyou and i hope to receive a reply soon.

please could you also forward those pages to me if you look at my name i have a private message box much appreciated

Hiya

just wondered if anyone could help me with some info. I know the names of all my aunts and uncles and when they were there but want to know when and what cottages etc.....

Did you guys start a website?

Dear Algy,

Delighted to read your response. I've seen this book referred to elsewhere, but haven't had a chance to read it.

I was there in the mid/late '40s to about 1950, but I'm afraid I can't remember any names of children or staff.

I know the name "Nether Green" featured quite strongly in my early years, but I've never really understood why, or in what context.

This is what I am hoping to clarify and come to terms with.

I've made a note of the title of the book and will investigate the possibilities of getting hold of a copy: (not likely to have it in a Sussex library!)

Thankyou again,

Yours, Thursday.

Dear Thursday: I was at Fulwood Cottage Homes from 1941 -1950 as David Rogers, then my step parents took me away who were the Puttrells (Painter & Decoraters off the corner of Landsdown road) I took the name of Terry Puttrell at 16 and Joined the Royal Marines. Since then i have lived down near the Isle of Wight, Would love to hear from you / any comments. Is the home still going and records, would love to have known my real parents and if i had any brothers / sisters ?

Rgs Terry

Dear Thursday: I was at Fulwood Cottage Homes from 1941 -1950 as David Rogers, then my step parents took me away who were the Puttrells (Painter & Decoraters off the corner of Landsdown road) I took the name of Terry Puttrell at 16 and Joined the Royal Marines. Since then i have lived down near the Isle of Wight, Would love to hear from you / any comments. Is the home still going and records, would love to have known my real parents and if i had any brothers / sisters ?

Rgs Terry

hi terry what house was you in i was in # 2 :thumbsup:39-46

My FATHER ROBERT THOMPSON WAS IN FULLWOOD COTTAGE HOMES FROM 1937 UNTIL AROUND1950 HE IS NOW 71 YEARS OLD AND LIVES IN AUSTRALIA.

HE LIVED IN COTTAGE #5.

I WENT BACK THERE IN 1998 FOR HIM TO SEE IF IT WAS STILL STANDING AND I TOOK LOTS OF PICTURES AND THE PERSON THAT NOW LIVES IN #5 GAVE ME A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT THE HOMES.

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY FATHERS RECORDS FROM WHEN HE WAS IN THERE AND IM WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME.

Hello Sandgaz.I was in f.c.h. also about the same time,could you please tell me the title of that book and where i can access it.I was in cottage 17.I went in with my two brothers in 1949 and left in 1953 thereabouts.I would love to read it.can you send me a private message ?Thanks Glenda

Hiya

just wondered if anyone could help me with some info. I know the names of all my aunts and uncles and when they were there but want to know when and what cottages etc.....

Did you guys start a website?

What were their names and do you know when,I am sure someone will know.I was in number 17 from 49 to 53.:confused:

Hello Sandgaz.I was in f.c.h. also about the same time,could you please tell me the title of that book and where i can access it.I was in cottage 17.I went in with my two brothers in 1949 and left in 1953 thereabouts.I would love to read it.can you send me a private message ?Thanks Glenda

Hi glen,the book you maybe refer to is"M Dunn's For love of Children"not read it myself but hear it can still be obtained from W.D Smith,if not maybe the local library suppose to be a little far out,:thumbsup: good luck

Hi Flyer,Thanks for the book title .I will try and google it as i am in Australia.If i am not successful does anyone else know where it might be ?If there are any other books on the subject i would love to hear from you.That one was certainly not written by one of the Mothers was it ?:confused:

-----------------fulwood--cottage--homes------

re-garding the book on << for the love of children >>

i bought this book in 2001--not worth the fuss.

the book as 4 pages with pictures in the 1930s, maybe a couple in 40s f,c,homes

the informa`tion given to marjorie dunn, came from a lad called

barry clark.

he was in the home in the 1940/50 same time as me.

barry clark lived in no2 house---- miss royston the mother.

he went to pomona st school

barry clark was our close friend, and we knocked about together.

the book could have been done better,

i didn`t think it was worth the money,--nothing we dont already know.

---------------<< save your pennies >>------------

sorry i didn`t mention--- also what the other stories are in the book,

fresh air for the children--based in the 1892.

fairthorn and the ragged school--based around 1917.

the blind children--based in the 1882.

then fulwood homes--based around 1914 upto 1937/40.

the stories are snatching this and that.

good reading ?????

Edited by brian1941
add words

SO were Barry Clark now

Hi Glen I have the book both me and my brother david did bye the book from W.H.SITHS in south shields .I dont know what BRIAN has but the book we have has moor pages than that it has 46 pages in it and plety of photoes with names of children abd mothers ond other staff I hope this has helped you Regards Wilf Unwin