Fulwood Cottage Children's home/orphanage.

Big hi to Cottam 67 just cruising the diff' threads, saw your? did I try and get my FCH records the answer is no ,I left at age 11 and never felt there was anything I needed to know, I was more lucky than some(I think) Iknew who & where my parents were.Good idea to get all ? & answers re' FCH on one site I do run around a Little,sometimes getting reply sometimes not

Big hi to Cottam 67 just cruising the diff' threads, saw your? did I try and get my FCH records the answer is no ,I left at age 11 and never felt there was anything I needed to know, I was more lucky than some(I think) Iknew who & where my parents were.Good idea to get all ? & answers re' FCH on one site I do run around a Little,sometimes getting reply sometimes not

Dear Lavender,

Thanks for your response about FCH.

It was pretty grim: I remember being smacked (beaten?) an awful lot, and I think we were nearly always hungry, although that could be partly down to the "big ones" who grabbed the lion's share.

If you're interested, I could tell you more about it.

Yours, Thursday.

dear thursday,looking for a missing sister,probably one of triplets called pauline/kathleen marriott or macdonald in 1957 told went to fch but cant find where admission records kept.can u possibly help or do u know our other sister carol wadsworth who was at fch ?

I have sent you a P.M., with info.

Hope it helps.

how do you get the names of the children that went there

I have sent you a PM, with a suggested contact point: hope it helps!

My FATHER ROBERT THOMPSON WAS IN FULLWOOD COTTAGE HOMES FROM 1937 UNTIL AROUND1950 HE IS NOW 71 YEARS OLD AND LIVES IN AUSTRALIA.

HE LIVED IN COTTAGE #5.

I WENT BACK THERE IN 1998 FOR HIM TO SEE IF IT WAS STILL STANDING AND I TOOK LOTS OF PICTURES AND THE PERSON THAT NOW LIVES IN #5 GAVE ME A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT THE HOMES.

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY FATHERS RECORDS FROM WHEN HE WAS IN THERE AND IM WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME.

Is Anyone Logged In At The Moment That Wants To Chat

Is Anyone Logged In At The Moment That Wants To Chat

as soon as you get your 5 posts in we can chat but don't wait too long I'm now 73 (fullwood #2 39-46).

Hello Flyer,

I have just spoken with my dad and he so happy that he may finally get some answers about his mother and why he was placed in the home at such a young age.

i don't know to much about chat rooms and how it all works but i seem to be doing okay so far.

sandgaz