Sky cancellation

I'm having a dispute with Sky at the moment and was wondering if you've had a similar experience.

Basically I came to an end of my 12 months subscription.I rang them and they said it was fine.I explained that if I cancel my direct debit would I be sent a bill if there were any outstanding payments.She said yes.So the next day I cancelled it.A few days later I recieved my final bill and a confirmation letter of my cancellation.I paid my bill a few days later through the sky website.I rang them up not long after just to make sure everything was now paid off.

Now they are saying because of how their system works when you cancel a direct debit it "blocks" the cancellation process so now even though I'm no longer connected to sky they have to bill me again for £52 and start another direct debit.Like I said I was told I could cancel the dd but now they are saying I shouldn't have.Even if I was told NOT to this system they've got is a bit wrong.

What do u think

OP, is it possible for you to pay by credit or debit card instead ?

Have you followed their complaints procedure, if you have and they have not rectified your complaint then go to OFCOM. They usually get the job done :)

When we cancelled I gave them the month's notice,left my dd active until they'd taken the last bit ( a couple of weeks' worth if I remember) and then cancelled it..no problem...

if you did not give sky one months notice it may cost you more ,i had to pay alittle more to settle my final bill .i was just glad to get shut of sky in the end

have also had det letters last one from a company in chesterfield tell me that i owed money to sky .had to ring sky and they have now cancelled the det,as i had paid my final bill .good luck