Taxi overcharge

Do you mean city taxi's?

If I remember correctly, RCA Taxis, is a merger between Regency, City and I think, Ace, which happened a few years ago.

If I remember correctly, RCA Taxis, is a merger between Regency, City and I think, Ace, which happened a few years ago.

I know that happend a few years back but City are there own company and I didn't think R.C.A exsited any more (If they do exist the fare rate I quoted may be incorrect). I think R.C.A changed back to just been City taxi's.

The number for city is 01142393939 Im presuming we are all talking about the same company.

You were definatley overcharged on your journey between Shiregreen and Norton Lee's.

Some taxi Drivers really do take the biscuit.

I got in a Black cab from London rd to arbourthorne in the day in a black cab from haymarket to arbourthorne it costs about £7 so for a shorter journey at night I accounted a tenner the driver forgot to put the meter on and so charged me £11.90! I had to pay it as he locked the doors and I was a little worse for wear and on my own. If im on my own or going to be last out I always try and ring one.

Having said that alot do tend to try it on even if its just by 50p.

Oh yeah, they did rename RCA to City didn't they? I never take note of the name, just the number :hihi: I still call them RCA though, habit x

Oh yeah, they did rename RCA to City didn't they? I never take note of the name, just the number :hihi: I still call them RCA though, habit x

I did for ages too, a bit like calling starburst opal fruits or ciff jiff im still guilty and my dad still enjoys a marathon bar :hihi:

the same happened to me a few weeks ago the trip i do normally cost around £9-£11 depending on if i stop at a shop on the way and the last time i used r.c.a he tried charging me £17 anyway after some uffing and puffing and me standing my ground .well cut a long story short the taxi driver ended up face down on the floor next to his taxi and was still there 20 mins later when i popped out again never heard owt since lol

someone else who thinks violence is the answer to everything

someone else who thinks violence is the answer to everything

To be honest that post didn't ring true to me. Perhaps a bit of a keyboard warrior rather than a "chavvy gangsta wannabe" their trying to make out they are.

my family and i went to a friends 21st birthday party, on calling for a taxi from the R.C.A. company, we got in and at the other end the driver charged me £20, i did not argue with him as i had my wife and children in the car. i got out knowing i had been overcharged so at once i phoned another taxi company to find out how much they would have charged me, and they said £14.50, so i notified r.c.a. taxi's, to cut along story short, they refuse to pay me back the difference of the fair which that was all i was asking. i have called and spoke to the manager on 3 occations with no joy. can someone plz give me a clue how to go further on this matter as i feel very strongly that for the driver, this is not his first time in overcharging customers, TAXI'S ARE EXPENCIVE ENOUGH WITHOUT BEING ROBBED. THANX.

It all depends on which route you take, did you go up the m1? If so whose decision was yours or te drivers?

http://taxiroute.co.uk/

Try that, it is based on the local authority rates for a black cab, which are generally more expensive than private hire. To give you a rough estimate

I think they need to check out the route planning on that site. City Centre to my house in Aston...... via Whiston, completely ignoring the shorter route through Handsworth and Woodhouse Mill.

R.c.a. Management addmitted the fare should have been £14.50, but refused to remburse me due to i did not have a reciept from the driver,,, who the hell ask's for a reciept ????? Bethsmummy do you ???

im afraid to say thats were your claim falls down, if you had got a receipt, then its a different story. if you knew he had overcharged you, and you were going to take it further, ask for a receipt, not alot you can do now, live and learn ....sorry

I think they need to check out the route planning on that site. City Centre to my house in Aston...... via Whiston, completely ignoring the shorter route through Handsworth and Woodhouse Mill.

Suppose it might work a bit like a sat nav, finds the fastest route rather than shortest, or whatever x

R.c.a. Management addmitted the fare should have been £14.50, but refused to remburse me due to i did not have a reciept from the driver,,, who the hell ask's for a reciept ????? Bethsmummy do you ???

The router should have been logged and they should ussue a receipt retrospectively.I would inform HMRC and report the discrepancy.Many drivers pay a cut to the syndicate based on fares collected.

Suppose it might work a bit like a sat nav, finds the fastest route rather than shortest, or whatever x

Which I would accept if it were true. In fact via the handsworth route it's almost 3 miles shorter and according to Google Maps it's 2 mins quicker.