Taxi overcharge

I couldn't find anyone to complain to either, with the managers being really unhelpful, and saying he said he had clocked 9.5 miles, so that was it. I don't know how they got the extra £6 for 1.4 miles, but whatever. It wouldn't be worth really pursuing it for a couple of quid though, I know it is the principle of the matter, and who knows how many times we do get robbed by them?

in my story i basically asked if anyone knew to where i could complain to against the company but no one is, there just trying to tell me the fair is about right when the company admitted it was wrong, i may as well stop the thread as no help is given,, i just hope you don't get robbed like we did by ( R.C.A.TAXI'S ).

with an attitude like yours no wonder they didnt want to speak to you!!

ive had enough of this thread myself, go and waste another 10 hours of your life trying to get a fiver back which your not going to, you didnt have the guts to say anything to the driver at the time yet you come on an internet forum to ask for advice!!!!

all the best

Don't you complain to the council as its them who issue the taxi licenses?

the same happened to me a few weeks ago the trip i do normally cost around £9-£11 depending on if i stop at a shop on the way and the last time i used r.c.a he tried charging me £17 anyway after some uffing and puffing and me standing my ground .well cut a long story short the taxi driver ended up face down on the floor next to his taxi and was still there 20 mins later when i popped out again never heard owt since lol

Don't you complain to the council as its them who issue the taxi licenses?

Thats what I was about to suggest. It would be a start at least, and if not they could direct you to who you need.

why when someone makes a thread do you get idiots on causing trouble for no good reason ???? SHEFFGROW,, DO YOU WORK FOR R.C.A. ???

the same happened to me a few weeks ago the trip i do normally cost around £9-£11 depending on if i stop at a shop on the way and the last time i used r.c.a he tried charging me £17 anyway after some uffing and puffing and me standing my ground .well cut a long story short the taxi driver ended up face down on the floor next to his taxi and was still there 20 mins later when i popped out again never heard owt since lol

I forgot to mention, after I gave the driver his £15, I threw 2p at his car on the way up the front steps. I think it hit his tyre. Such a rebel. No wonder the manager didn't want to know :hihi:

thanx gazitroy, will try that mate.

try what you want trying to prove an incident that you have no proof ever occurred!!! waste of time put it down to experience and put it to bed:loopy:

Actually, last week, we got a Mercury taxi home from Hillsborough, as I refuse to use RCA after the above posted incident, and the taxi driver told my OH if he could knock him out, we could have the taxi for free. OH laughed and said come on then, lets get out. The taxi driver then pulled up at the junction of Myrtle road and prospect road, and actually got out, leaving the car running, and said "come on then, knock me out" :hihi: We could have just stolen his car or anything, or actually knocked him out. He was a nice chap too, had a laugh all the way home with him, and he said "I WON'T ROB YOU PAL, SHOULD BE £9.70, YOU CAN HAVE IT FOR £9". They are now my first choice for taxis :hihi:

Do you mean city taxi's?

Anyway I paid nearly £14 from Parson Cross Hotel to the middle of eastern avenue so I wouldn't have thought you were overcharged by that much to be honest.

When you ask how much a fare should be they always say it is appoximate and will all depend on the route the driver takes.

Have you thought that maybe the operater gave you the wrong information.

I think you may have been a little overcharged but not that much.

It costs £3.80 for the first mile and £1.40 for each mile after.

How many miles was your journey?