Where to get small business advice in Sheffield?

My partner and I are thinking of setting up a small business and are both disabled. Is there any private organisation or even public organisation that would help set this up including help with websites etc? Many thanks

There are lots of private organisations that will help you for a price ....... I have seen organisations waste thousands of pounds on bad IT, Web design and Internet marketing.

I have just emailed Senta to see if they can help me. Thanks Stupid Head.

Thanks Stupid head. Looks promising. :-)

I would avoid SENTA at all costs. They are funded by the government to aid businesses but do nothing of the sort. They are a complete waste of time. Talk about social media being bad for business employees then SENTA do the same for business managers.

Opportunity Sheffield work in the same building and often refer to SENTA too. The chamber of commerce are not much good either.

Basically you are on your own with the best advice coming from those that have been there. The guys on here can help and there is a business forum too.

It might be worth contacting any charities which deal with your disabilities as they might have info that leads to other organisations which could help?

Have you tried Connect Yorkshire, a not-for-profit organisation which help start-up businesses get off the ground.

They have just celebrated 10 years of services. More info can be found here.

I would avoid SENTA at all costs. They are funded by the government to aid businesses but do nothing of the sort. They are a complete waste of time. Talk about social media being bad for business employees then SENTA do the same for business managers.

Opportunity Sheffield work in the same building and often refer to SENTA too. The chamber of commerce are not much good either.

Basically you are on your own with the best advice coming from those that have been there. The guys on here can help and there is a business forum too.

Unfortunately I have to agree with all of what Seorch UK has posted above.

I have had some interesting dialogue with one of the moderators on here (who I believe is associated with SENTA although I may be wrong) stating my opinions about this organisation.

COC can be useful if you're prepared to put the time in (and pay the joining fee of course!!)

I really do wish you the very best of luck but be very careful who you take advice from. I'd say do your own research and do what you feel is best.

Whooahhhhhhh, hold on a minute.

Listen what Senta have to say and evaluate it, ask others their opinion on the advice offered.

You should be looking for advice from all that can offer it, then take the best of that and apply it.

To dismiss the advice Senta offer is plain silly, and no, i have no connection with then other than having a couple of meetings with them for advice several years back.

You will always get some people that are unhappy with something. No busines will ever receive 100% guaranteed satisfied customers in their lifetime of operation. And as in every business, you will always get the occasional crap person working there. But that doesn't mean you tar the whole organisation as that's plain silly. Several thousand people were very happy, that much I can vouch for.

Dissatisfaction is almost always down to communication. Usually that the provider doesn't make it clear what is on offer, or the customer not understanding, not listening/reading, or ignoring, what was on offer.

If you consider senta got over 2000 poeple through the door at their peak in 2006 alone, and a few unhappy customers didn't get what they expected, then that's not a bad satisfaction rate for a freebie service.

Edited by indizine