Leeds Festival Detritus

I went on Sunday, it was my first festival ( on my list of things to do before I'm 50!). The music was great, the food was mediocre, and I too was appalled at the rubbish and broken tents that we had to walk through on the way back to the carpark. It was like a scene from hell. Far worse than I expected despite seeing my daughters photos from the times she had been. I also don't understand this wasteful disposable culture.

I went to Leeds Festival for the day a few years ago and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure people were begging for peoples litter, because they got a beer for every bag of rubbish that was handed in. Does that not happen anymore? I thought it was a brilliant incentive.

Slashed with a knife? The easiest way to rob a tent is to slash it when people are sleeping - the occupants don't get woken by the zip going up; if they're awake then element of surprise and the sight of a knife will subdue them; if they're in and asleep then you get their wallets.

They were slashed with knives by the occupants/owners, so that no-one else could have them, sheer bloody-mindedness

Leeds has a bad reputation for a lot of things. Personally I have never had a bad experience and have seen some good quality bands in a nice relaxed atmosphere. I know however that this isn't a universal experience.

There are idiots there who go around jumping on peoples tents, setting tents on fire and generally just being a general nuisance. But for the most part these are restricted to certain campsites where the majority of people are under the age of 19/20.

I didn't know Leeds was like this! Been to various festivals (Doningtons, Downloads) over the years, never heard of anything as bad as this.

I tend not to produce any litter.

Or are you saying that those who left the festival - mainly driving - were "off their nut"?

Who mentioned driving ? more like flying ;-)