Stradbroke Memories

Does anyone know what year exactly the Stradbroke estate opened? We were one of the first residents. I think, but am not sure, that it was 1950. Am I right? I've googled and got nowhere. Need the info for a piece I'm writing. thanks.

I know that Stradbroke school opened in September 1953 and the estate was built about 2 years before that I would have thought 1951 but like you not sure it could be 1950 as someone in a previous post says they lived there in 1950.

That was probably me Silly. The more I think abt it the more I think it was 1951. I've opened up another thread specifically trying to get this info but no responses as yet. Wouldn't City Hall know this kind of info? Just a thought.

Gosh I can remember all those perhaps we lived on Stradbroke at aprox same time,

Hi Bellstar, Yes he was brilliant him and Gerald Parkin used to amaze me as I was also frightened to jump in. I have just been talking to my hubby about him as he was in the same class as him at Brook has name is Richard Hill next time you see him ask him if he remembers us.

Hi silly, I will be sure to ask him if he remembers you all.

I was about 18 months old when we moved to stradbroke, mum had a prefab before that and always wanted a brick house, I think she said it was a fairly new estate then. Have you googled to see if there is any info about the stradbroke estate?

i used to live on glenholme road, near the crazy man parrot ha ha

Hi there, we lived on Smelter wodd place, we never heard of the parrot man? tell me more.

he lived next to the woods on glenholme road , we called him parrot when we were little because he had a big nose.

he was crazy in a scary way , used to walk around laughing to himself. we were scared daft of him.

think his name was terence.

my dad moved into his house in 1952 when they were still painting the windows ha ha . got older brothers and sisters maybe you remember them ? second name white??

Anybody out there that knocked about around this time.

Edited by nikki-red

Hi !

Most of the Lambert's...remember them?

If thats the Lamberts off Mauncer Crescent I certainly do, Mick was a little bit older than me I think

Hi,

I'm Mick's wife, unfortunately he died 2 years ago. Mick was born on Mauncer Lane, his cousins lived on the Crescent. Can you remember some of his other mates.....Peter Mellor, Ernest Harris, Ken Storey? Did you live on the same estate?

Regards...C.

is trevor lambert related to you, came off sheffield road.