Wedding reception venues that are good value for money in sheffield

It's Rotherham rather than Sheffield but we're having our reception at Whiston Manorial barn.

Think it's £350 for the venue hire, then they'll work to your budget for food etc. Bar prices are very reasonable too, and the ladies running it are fab & flexible with requirements, not like some of the venues we spoke to where you had to have a specific package.

Do you know how many people Whiston Manorial Barn can accommodate? Is it available for weddings in winter? Thanks

Do you know how many people Whiston Manorial Barn can accommodate? Is it available for weddings in winter? Thanks

Can't remember exactly but it's a lot... Think up to 200? We're having 120 and that's easily accommodated.

I would assume it's available all year... email them, the ladies that run it are Clare & Karen orchardgroveltd at hotmail dot co dot uk (obviously replace the punctuation, I've done it like that to stop them getting spammed!) They were on about having a wedding fayre in 2012, I'll try and find out the date and let you know.

Thanks for that. I'll definitely email them. Hope you had/have a wonderful day.

My mum got married at the Old Rectory in Handsworth. I think it was around £3000 for everything which I think is reasonable for weddings these days. She got married there as well as the reception. Was a great day!:)

I'll second the Old Rectory-we are getting married there next year and when they told us the price for exclusive use we were really shocked (in a good way!) Hope you find somewhere you love!

Bit bias because i work at the old rectory .

but my daughter gets married there in march this year including ceremony

& it is really good value for money & a very nice venue. the staff & service is great :thumbsup:

http://www.orh.org.uk/

Stain drop lodge at chapeltown Sheffield. My mum and dad renewed there wedding vows there a year ago and I can't praise them enough they were fabulous and it did not cost very much at all. It was a lovely venue. I think they only have enough room though for about 100 guests but don't quote me on that!

try lomas hall, folks at stannington, lovely old church around the corner to get married in and lomas hall use to charge 500 pound and you can get own catering company in or do it yourself, you hire the whole hall and but a bar on for a small charge