High Green is getting worse

unforunatly with the new law the goverment has brought in that new tenants will sine a contract for a year and be reviewed. to see if they still qualify for the tenancy they are in i can only see things getting worse why take a pride in where you live if you are not sure you will be staying.

and the council do go round and check places so if they where reported to the council then they have to follow it up.

I know exactly who you mean,they have only been there a short while and already ruined the garden,knocked down the wall even noticed they have cut there whellie bin in half. pondlife.

I saw the wheelie bins last week when I went round to my old neighbour's house on Greengate Lane, a black one and a blue one. What's the point in that??? :loopy:

Best thing we ever did was move away from High Green last year, I can't believe how much it's gone down hill over approx the last three years, it used to be a fairly decent area.

you carnt always blame the """council""its the people they put on the council estates.rift raft from some far off country

"Rift raft"? "carnt"? I imagine some of the people from "far off countries" have a better command of English than you do.

Edited by irenewilde

I know exactly who you mean,they have only been there a short while and already ruined the garden,knocked down the wall even noticed they have cut there whellie bin in half. pondlife.

Why, why would someone cut their bin in half? You've got to have a screw loose, surely?

High Green is very much like any other estate with its "ups and downs" depending on which bit you live on, when I moved to Sheffield 5 years ago, High Green was one of the best places to be (apparantly) now having lived there for 12 months I personally would give my right arm to move back to the S6 area.

My Health Visitor put it in a nut shell, "you dont move to High Green unless you have family here because its a tight knit family estate" Ahem.

Some bits of HG are lovely, other bits are slowly but surely being dominated as the HG boyz bond with the chap ladz!

Least if it all kicks off there cant be a post code war!! :hihi:

has anybody walked round highgreen latley ,greengate lane has some nasty people on there now ,it looks like there just destroying,there home and front garden ,why arent the council doing some think about it ,

we call it scrubber lane. wants wiping of the map. everything that happens in chap is from the scum who live there,(GreenGate lane) thats the only problem area of high green, the other parts are nice

Edited by bladesufc1

i lived in high green most of my life from being 4 years old, i love high green, ive never felt safer, i could walk round high green (a 26 year old female) on my own at 3am (which ive done so before ) and i could guarentee i wouldnt be bothered by at all1 im in s5 now and hate it! i dare not go out after dark with all the hoodies and what have you, id give my right arm to go back to high green like a shot!

is that because you know everybody in high green? and dont know anybody in S5?

is that because you know everybody in high green? and dont know anybody in S5?

yes partly, but i think high green is a much nicer place to live anyway! for example, if you have a dog round here, thers not many places to take the dog for a walk without jumping in the car first, high green has loads of fields and woods to take the kids and dogs, it also has a few parks, round here thers 1 and when i took my kids the other day, lads sat round smoking weed and swearing. the schools, i went to hg primary.. fantastic junior school! the chavs, round here they walk around in groups with staffies and big pitbull type dogs, around green they... dont! then theres the village feeling, everyone knows everyone and mostly get along, its too big round here.. you dont know whos who! i shall stop now but can think of many more, i just think high green is a lovely place to live, especially round the posh estates or as we call them.

we call it scrubber lane. wants wiping of the map. everything that happens in chap is from the scum who live there,(GreenGate lane) thats the only problem area of high green, the other parts are nice

i wont disagree with you on that one, my ex lives on there! :hihi:

fallenangel i came from s5 so glad i made the move as i would not go out after 6pm but now i feel safe in high green its a shame all areas cant be the same but certain gardens deffo need doing and 2 tighten up on anti socail behaviour

I lived S5 for nearly 30 years and like you I was glad to move away. I visit High Green every week and it is so quiet. Every area has good parts and bad parts. It's only a minority of people who spoil areas.

yes partly, but i think high green is a much nicer place to live anyway! for example, if you have a dog round here, thers not many places to take the dog for a walk without jumping in the car first, high green has loads of fields and woods to take the kids and dogs, it also has a few parks, round here thers 1 and when i took my kids the other day, lads sat round smoking weed and swearing. the schools, i went to hg primary.. fantastic junior school! the chavs, round here they walk around in groups with staffies and big pitbull type dogs, around green they... dont! then theres the village feeling, everyone knows everyone and mostly get along, its too big round here.. you dont know whos who! i shall stop now but can think of many more, i just think high green is a lovely place to live, especially round the posh estates or as we call them.
highgreen is a lovely place ,but there are lots of staffies ,mastiffs and lots more ,you wouldnt go in the parks at night around highgreen because theres loads of young people ,doing god knows what ,but i have to agree s5 is a nightmare .

There's nowt wrong with S5.