High Green is getting worse

has anybody walked round highgreen latley ,greengate lane has some nasty people on there now ,it looks like there just destroying,there home and front garden ,why arent the council doing some think about it ,

Sadly this is a growing problem all over Sheffield as is the growing level of anti-social behaviour.

I assume the house in question is council owned in which case, if it has been reported, it is just possible that the council are doing something about it, but these things take time. They legally have to have proof over a period of time, they also have to give the tenant reasonable time to put the matter right and this time varies according to the situation. From start to finish it can take up to 6 months to rectify the situation, nothing comes quickly in these events.

Report it yourself to Sheffield Homes who will instantly know if it one of their properties. It could be privately owned of course and rented out in which case it will take up to 2 years to resolve this kind of situation and may never be resolved since private owners have different rights. Council tenants have a tenancy agreement compelling them to comply with certain issues, one is keeping the grounds of the property in good order, another is not to cause problems/nuisance for/to their neighbours and they can and are evicted for doing so but it takes time, they cannot just evict someone on the spur of the moment. Even an initial investigation into it can take 6 weeks.

mistyblue

the council has a duty to look after its houses and should have people travelling on these estates checking the gardens for people who turn their property into scrapyards

you can bet these type of people do not look after their houses like it says in their agreement.if these type of people were removed the estates all over sheffield would improve

it would probally entail evicting hundreds of people but thousands of other families standard of life would improve

after all it is the duty of the council to look after their estates and good tenants

mistyblue

the council has a duty to look after its houses and should have people travelling on these estates checking the gardens for people who turn their property into scrapyards

you can bet these type of people do not look after their houses like it says in their agreement.if these type of people were removed the estates all over sheffield would improve

it would probally entail evicting hundreds of people but thousands of other families standard of life would improve

after all it is the duty of the council to look after their estates and good tenants

yes, true, but having loads of people going round checking one of the largest housing stocks in the UK costs council tax money and as you will be aware they have had to make drastic cuts this year due to government cuts made on them.

We all want it to improve, me included since I have been the victim of anti social behaviour in Sheffield 3 times and had to move twice as a result of it all. Sheffield Homes do care however, they do take action and they are very sympathetic to the victims, I am proof of that. They have many considerations when taking action, there could be mental health issues involved, babies and young children to be considered, court orders, CCTV evidence obtained, police etc etc etc, all of which are under pressure to cut costs.

There is no simple answer and I for one have good reason to wish we were in a totalitarian state which could just turn up outside and throw people onto the street, but we don't live in that kind of state.

has anybody walked round highgreen latley ,greengate lane has some nasty people on there now ,it looks like there just destroying,there home and front garden ,why arent the council doing some think about it ,

I know exactly who you mean,they have only been there a short while and already ruined the garden,knocked down the wall even noticed they have cut there whellie bin in half. pondlife.

mistyblue

i understand the dificulties but the council gave these people a home which my council tax built and maintained

with the old rules on council property they used to check on your accomadation before offering you a property even checking the bedding then you had to take your marriage certificate to council buildings to be checked

i know this sounds harsh but you are asking for someone to rent you a house which you havent paid a penny for and could end up buying for a discount price

chuck the rubbish out is my opinion are dont let them in to start with

mistyblue

i understand the dificulties but the council gave these people a home which my council tax built and maintained

with the old rules on council property they used to check on your accomadation before offering you a property even checking the bedding then you had to take your marriage certificate to council buildings to be checked

i know this sounds harsh but you are asking for someone to rent you a house which you havent paid a penny for and could end up buying for a discount price

chuck the rubbish out is my opinion are dont let them in to start with

Yes, fine, we do all want action that is to say all responsible people and an end to the vile people that take advantage of the system and put nothing in whatsoever. I agree. I would like to see an act of parliament making it essential for people to guarantee the welfare and responsible upbringing of a child before conceiving and/or giving birth to it and bring an end to the ongoing chain of low-lifes with no stake in society and no intention of ever working or putting anything back into it.

Believe me I have suffered at the hands of these people 3 times and I have a valid reason to be alarmist and totalitarian in my views, but, I am a realist and we all know it is never going to happen like that. We have a system that will be very slow to change indeed and it will demand a sea change in public thinking to bring about the change. It is not going to happen suddenly. None of the only 3 parties that can ever get into power in this country will ever force change of that kind.

throwing people on the street on demand is never going to happen in our lifetime even if we are just born today.

mistyblue

know it wont happen but makes me feel better for saying it

put the rubbish where it should be ,in cardboard boxes

mistyblue

know it wont happen but makes me feel better for saying it

put the rubbish where it should be ,in cardboard boxes

It might be an idea for me to post my own thread, for example: what can we do to resolve the problem of low-lifes who never have a stake in society or something them perhaps you can contribue and we can have an open debate on all this as it applies inthe much wider context.

mistyblue

will always take a interest in enviromental issues the problem is the power to be never listen to the majority

they always have an excuse for not taking action yet they write the contracts of tenancy with no intention of implementing them

This is going off on a slightly different tangent here.

There is a facility at High Green (paces) which believe me is very underused. I run my fitness classes every Monday as I have done since November 2009, and in that time 2 separate users groups have attempted to get an activity off the ground in the large sports hall, both of which flunked within a month because the locals do not use the facility. There is a karate club wanting to get off the ground on Saturday at Paces and that too looks like it will fluff as the locals have shown no interest.

On 60% of occasions, footballers use Paces to play a game, and thats great because when they are in there is hustle and bustle around the place, the chavs can't use the car park and it makes for a better atmosphere for my own fitness class members when they arrive or leave.

So what does that have to do with High Green many people ask?

Because when people are huddled in their homes, thats when the anti-social take over.

You have to accept that the council/environmental will do nothing to help you (I know this through personal experience), and so you must do something else.

There must be people who live in that area that could set up activities for the local kids to get involved in be it football or whatever. I accept people fear health and safety/compensation etc..... but unless someone takes the bulls by the horn and gives it a go, then things for the residents of this area will not get better.

I know there are lots of local football teams in that area, surely one of the ageing players (ie, one over 30) could set up basic football coaching on the field?

High Green is very similar to S12, some of the estates are the best in Sheffield, but some are also very intimidating and this can change from street to street

Edited by Shef_Fitness

I know exactly who you mean,they have only been there a short while and already ruined the garden,knocked down the wall even noticed they have cut there whellie bin in half. pondlife.

i think the whole of high green know who they mean, and its people like them that give council estates a bad name:rant: