Minerva tavern charles street Sheffield

Does anyone remember the Minerva tavern on charles street when brian was the landlord and had groups friday and saterday nights.

He took the Highcliff after he finished at the Minerva

Does anyone remember the Minerva tavern on charles street when brian was the landlord and had groups friday and saterday nights.

He took the Highcliff after he finished at the Minerva

Went there in the late 60,s supposed to be a bit of a pick up spot...I never went again as the friday night selection was very poor on the night I went.??

We used to go to the Minerva pub in the late 60s, and remember ''big Ada','always there on friday nights sat with all her girl frends,a very mixed place. Tony p.

Sam and Lil, etc. resident turn there. Anyone remember the Empire Inn, almost opposite the Minerva? It was a Mansfield house that got a lot of the acts from the Empire theatre at various times. Also remember Brian at the Highcliffe for some years when we lived at Greystones.

pjkay: I've had server probs and think you may have had the same...

send us a p.m. if you like - Don.

'Tread carefully because you tread on my dreams'. So the great poet said. That was the first boozer I ever went in and got a drink aged 16. What an experience, I've said it before on other threads but it was like entering into a wall of sound with a pint or two at the end of it. I dont know who the landlord was but it was in 1949.

trying to find dennis and barry grimley pete kozak richard (jack) bray mike who worked in the steelworks all regulars at the minerva saterday nights in the 60s

In the early 60's my then boyfriend's band played there every week for a while, I used to go but was so nervous that I would sit right next to his drums, although I can't remember any trouble.

Are there any members that remember the the Minerver Tavern , Charles Street my old hang when a teenager, The Old Blue Bell Down a passage on High St

Edited by nikki-red

3 hours ago, Stuart Green said:

Are there any members that remember the the Minerver Tavern , Charles Street my old hang when a teenager, The Old Blue Bell Down a passage on High St

Didn't the Minerva become the Yorkshire Grey and later demolished ?

A friend and I worked at Arthur Bridgens brass founders and regularly popped in the nearby Minerva for a lunchtime drink. Think it was Stones.

They sometimes had a band playing, I think that was also at lunchtime.

Edited by carosio
spelling

1 hour ago, carosio said:

A friend and I worked at Arthur Bridgens brass founders and regularly popped in the nearby Minerva for a lunchtime drink. Think it was Stones.

They sometimes had a band playing, I think that was also at lunchtime.

It was a Tennants house in 1960.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

Didn't the Minerva become the Yorkshire Grey and later demolished ?

Correct.