Rights when dealing with a police officer.

I did, Odin's Wrath was advocating slapping a Copper, hence me saying if he did he'd be done for assaulting a Police Officer.

Do you see? :D

That looked more like sarcasm to me.

Im not sure he or she was actualy serious.

The police in general are a law unto themselves.

^^This^^

Back in 1996 myself and my brother had the crap kicked out of us by a van full of police. Guess what. No one saw anything :roll:

I did, Odin's Wrath was advocating slapping a Copper, hence me saying if he did he'd be done for assaulting a Police Officer.

Do you see? :D

Odin was referring to the first person making the accusation.

I guess you don't see. :hihi:

^^This^^

Back in 1996 myself and my brother had the crap kicked out of us by a van full of police. Guess what. No one saw anything :roll:

Thats quite upsetting. Whats more upsetting is the fact im able to easily believe you due to recent events and dealings with SYP's finest.

The police in general are a law unto themselves.

I would be inclined to agree due to previous interactions but in fairness when I needed them they were there.

A 16 year old, well brought up kid would be uneasy with this situation. A chav would have stuck the nut on the accuser and advised the police officers that sex and travel were recommended. The police took the usual option, that being to intimidate the innocent, they are not fit for purpose.

Thanks to the police officer that sent us an ASBO letter, while he was totally innocent and protested this to the police officer the officer asked for his details saying he believed him and that he was in no trouble and that it was just to help them ect with their inquiries. More like using my son as a scapegoat for his crappy policing and fear of the statistics that show just how good they are not at their jobs.

Advice for anyone, kids or adults, do not offer them any information, not even your name and definitely don't fall for any help us with our inquiries lie. Let them do inquiries to find out who YOU are if your innocent, don't make the mistake my lad and have it cost you getting a record with them for nothing.

I was just wondering what advice to give my kids if this were to happen again. I'd have previously advised them to be co operative, but after this experience I'm more inclined to tell them to say either arrest me or I'm off, and tell them to go home.

It depends on the circumstances. If the police are being hostile, say as little as possible. Answer questions briefly, and don't let them make you feel you have to explain yourself, as this will only encourage them to ask more questions. Basically, if they are being friendly, you should be co-operative, but if they are openly treating you as a suspect, don't volunteer any information apart from answering questions. From my own experience, being innocent doesn't come into it. If some copper decides you are a wrong un' because of your hair cut or clothes, you are guilty of something, as far as he is concerned.

simple, don;t answer any questions at all, just "no comment" all questions, you don't HAVE to answer anything to the police

simple, don;t answer any questions at all, just "no comment" all questions, you don't HAVE to answer anything to the police

I can't see the advantage of that unless you have already been arrested, or if you really have got something to hide. If they think you are being confrontational, they might detain you just out of spite. Be polite but show no fear or eagerness to explain yourself. That way they will realise that they aren't going to get anywhere by fishing, and will have to either produce some evidence or bog off!

The new caution does away with that, nowadays refusing to say anything can now be used against you in court,it was put in place so the suspect didnt have any time to make anything up for their court appearance ,if you say nothing and then come up with a answer in court that benefits you it will be looked on suspiciously.You seem to have been watching too many Police fiction shows on TV,unless your used to Police methods and are tough enough,mentally,to ignore their little tricks..you will say something I guarantee it

The new caution does away with that, nowadays refusing to say anything can now be used against you in court,it was put in place so the suspect didnt have any time to make anything up for their court appearance ,if you say nothing and then come up with a answer in court that benefits you it will be looked on suspiciously.You seem to have been watching too many Police fiction shows on TV,unless your used to Police methods and are tough enough,mentally,to ignore their little tricks..you will say something I guarantee it

if you say no comment then you are being non commital, if you dont say anything then saying nothing can,t be used against you, only evidence can be used against you, if you understood pace then you would perhaps understand the police caution and what it actually means