What's happening on Queens Road? (26/08/11)

that was a crash back in January.

I thought that sounded familiar! Ha ha.

It must something very serious if the road is still closed over eight hours later.

Even more serious then, going by that article, its still closed 8 months later!

sown by police

So the police are there planting seeds?

Maybe the fire brigade are there to water them after they have been planted?

I used to work down there and it is a shocking junction and even worse if you are a pedestrian.

I used to work down there and it is a shocking junction and even worse if you are a pedestrian.

That junction does seem to get more than its share of incidents doesn't it.

Turning right there is a nightmare as you sometimes have to get across 3 lanes of traffic depending on the time of day and which lanes are going in which direction.

Turning right there is a nightmare as you sometimes have to get across 3 lanes of traffic depending on the time of day and which lanes are going in which direction.

Turning right where? Coming out of Halfords? I always thought it was daft that you could turn right there, seems dangerous.

Turning right where? Coming out of Halfords? I always thought it was daft that you could turn right there, seems dangerous.

It is - that's why there are so many accidents there. It needs to be changed to a turn left only junction or for lights to be put on the said junction.

It is - that's why there are so many accidents there. It needs to be changed to a turn left only junction or for lights to be put on the said junction.

Judging by many of the locals' treatment of the "no right turn" signs from Abbeydale Road to Sheldon road and the "no entry" sign on the southbound london road between Asline Road and Queens road, a "Left Turn only" sign on a Junction coming out of halfords will be as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

Judging by many of the locals' treatment of the "no right turn" signs from Abbeydale Road to Sheldon road and the "no entry" sign on the southbound london road between Asline Road and Queens road, a "Left Turn only" sign on a Junction coming out of halfords will be as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

True, and everyone ignores the 'no right turn' sign when they turn INTO Halfords, so I imagine they would ignore it on the way out too.