Opinions on the Westfield area?

Oh dear! Positive comments so far then ;)

Whereabouts did you (or mother) live? I have heard its particular bad around the shops/school area.

I have to admit that i don't know the area and on the one occasion i went to visit i was taken in a car. I believe it was close to the main road (Eckington Way?).

I didn't see any trouble while there. Just loads of kids using everyones gardens as a giant playground.

**** hole i worked there like i have in all council estates in sheffield and its up with the worst full of those 35 yr old chav types skinny with crap moustache and the like, most houses i worked in were proper scruffy just all round bad place

There's more to Westfield than the council estate and flats.

I'm originally from Westfield and my parents still live there. They've never had any bother in the 30+ years they've been there, but they are on the outskirts nearer to Waterthorpe. I must admit, I wouldn't want to live around the area where the shops are... but to be honest, a lot of places are becoming the same - chavs are out future generation unfortunately :(

So mixed comments then! :hihi:

If I moved there I would move onto the private estate bit and certainly not the council house section. So as long as the scum stay in that bit then that's ok! t just worries me if they linger all over.

I'm glad to hear that its still all lovely around the shops area...! I know how bad it was when the golden keys was still open, then when that shut, a lot of the scum from there went into the hawk and dove at waterthorpe instead. Charming! :(

i lived there for 30 years it had good places and bad places around the shops pedley and challenor are dumps full of druggies and theives but still has some good places likeeastcroft birchwood and garland as for golden keys it was a good pub with mainly good ppl just a few spoilt it but most people that went in was good ppl

It's a rough area, particularly around the shops and the area around Challoner and Pedley. I don't feel safe waking around the area where the flats are, especially when it is getting dark.

I lived on Challoner Green from June '05 - Oct '07. It was ok at first, but then the most horrendous neighbour from hell moved in. It was by far the worst time of my life. Pounding music at all hours, the smell of weed coming into our house, you could often hear her doing all manner of different blokes, etc etc I could go on. The best thing I ever did was get the hell off that estate.

westfield was a good estate it been let down and now its full of druggies theives which spoils it for the good ppl there it could be a good estate again it just needs cleaning up

I think westfield is abit dodgy, but not as bad as halfway