I dont understand why people still buy dvds have u heard of blu ray??

was in hmv earlier (don't worry i don't buy my blu rays from there way to expensive just like to browse) and still see many people paying £13.99 for dvds , which some you can get the blu ray cheaper online and possibly even the blu ray and dvd combo for a pound or 2 more i just thought it was strange as blu rays have been available now for a few years, Since watching my first blu ray The Dark Knight i have been hooked and haven't bought a single dvd since. nowadays you can pick up blu rays from £3 why will people still wanna buy dvds.

What are your views do you still buy dvds

Plenty of people haven't made the upgrade yet as they don't see it as urgent on their agendas. In the same way many people only adopted DVD over VHS many years in, once the DVD players had dropped to a low price.

There are still many people who haven't seen the need to upgrade to a HD TV set. In this case, what would be the point of them investing in Bluray when they wouldn't get any benefit from it?

On the topic of the difference - there is a big difference in the quality, but as with the DVD and VHS comparison it is one that you only tend to notice once you are used to watching Bluray/HD regularly, and if you have a TV that makes it worthwhile (DVDs now look so blurred around the edges to me). Watching bluray on a 22 inch HDTV will not stand out as much of a quality gap over DVD, however on a 42 inch TV it will make a big difference.

I still buy some DVDs for my kids. They have a DVD player to watch stuff on a smaller TV in their room, and we only have the one bluray unit in the living room. All of my purchases are bluray for myself (with the occasional combo packs if it is a Pixar film, that way the kids have a copy to scratch/ruin/throw around whilst I have one for my collection).

spiritangel1 sums it up perfectly - there really is no point in changing until you need a new player. Let the early investors pay the high costs first, and then join in when the units have dropped in price.

Plenty of people haven't made the upgrade yet as they don't see it as urgent on their agendas. In the same way many people only adopted DVD over VHS many years in, once the DVD players had dropped to a low price.

There are still many people who haven't seen the need to upgrade to a HD TV set. In this case, what would be the point of them investing in Bluray when they wouldn't get any benefit from it?

On the topic of the difference - there is a big difference in the quality, but as with the DVD and VHS comparison it is one that you only tend to notice once you are used to watching Bluray/HD regularly, and if you have a TV that makes it worthwhile (DVDs now look so blurred around the edges to me). Watching bluray on a 22 inch HDTV will not stand out as much of a quality gap over DVD, however on a 42 inch TV it will make a big difference.

I still buy some DVDs for my kids. They have a DVD player to watch stuff on a smaller TV in their room, and we only have the one bluray unit in the living room. All of my purchases are bluray for myself (with the occasional combo packs if it is a Pixar film, that way the kids have a copy to scratch/ruin/throw around whilst I have one for my collection).

spiritangel1 sums it up perfectly - there really is no point in changing until you need a new player. Let the early investors pay the high costs first, and then join in when the units have dropped in price.

i can see you point makes sense and i understand as i didn't jump to dvds straight away was watching VHS long after dvd was available

theres no do difference init mate just 1 big false illusion so dnt no how u hooked on dark knight ,u sure u wernt hooked on weed and dats wot made the picture better.

i don't think you have seen a blu ray movie there is a massive difference

Why should we pay to buy a Blu-Ray player when we're perfectly happy with the cheapie DVD player that we have?

Just because it is important to you to have these things doesn't mean that it's important to everybody. We all have our own priorities in this life and I don't run other people's priorities down, so please don't run mine down.

Why should we pay to buy a Blu-Ray player when we're perfectly happy with the cheapie DVD player that we have?

Just because it is important to you to have these things doesn't mean that it's important to everybody. We all have our own priorities in this life and I don't run other people's priorities down, so please don't run mine down.

Spot on medusa :thumbsup:

I am happy with the picture i get from my dvd's for the moment. I don't see any point in paying more for the film and then paying again for the player to watch them.

Same goes for 3D. I've seen a few 3D movies and they were nothing to write home about. I'll keep my 2D thank you very much.

I don't really buy either, haven't done for ages and despite owning a ps3 and my beloved 42" hd I don't own many Blu ray at all and most of my "hd ness" comes from sky now.

However, Blu ray beats the lot.

Here's a question, what films are really worth the Blu ray experience, should I want to put my short arms into my deep (yet largly empty) pockets ?

Blu rays don't play in laptops or tv's with built in dvd's - so there will alwyas be a need for them.

How anyone can claim that a blu ray version of films such as Blind Side looks significantly different,hasn't watched it yet.

was in hmv earlier (don't worry i don't buy my blu rays from there way to expensive just like to browse) and still see many people paying £13.99 for dvds , which some you can get the blu ray cheaper online and possibly even the blu ray and dvd combo for a pound or 2 more i just thought it was strange as blu rays have been available now for a few years, Since watching my first blu ray The Dark Knight i have been hooked and haven't bought a single dvd since. nowadays you can pick up blu rays from £3 why will people still wanna buy dvds.

What are your views do you still buy dvds

Maybe these people haven't actually bought a blue ray player.

Some people don't know the difference.

Some people don't care.

Some can't be bothered.

Some don't watch DVDs at all.

Some don't have a TV or care about one.

Some don't have a TV for religious reasons.

Some people can't but them very easily anyway because they aren't available where they live.

Some people bleat on about how great blu ray is because they want to sound clever.

If they don't watch DVD's or don't have a TV for any reason then the question doesn't apply does it!

If they don't watch DVD's or don't have a TV for any reason then the question doesn't apply does it!

That still leaves all the people that don't give a fat rat's arse as long as they get a picture on the TV including the many who buy pirated DVDs..