Does anyone actually LIKE having long fingernails??

I like having long nails but not the mess your nails are left in afterwards. And its an almost impossible task to open a can of something to drink!

I often have long nails lately, trouble is I tend to bite them so they don't stay long for long.

Shaz, why don't you just carry some sticky tape with you to pick up coins, this way you can keep your long nails :)

Great idea, but what about getting my pound out of the trolley again? I'm too scared to go to Asda now :hihi:, the little trolleys at Tesco don't need one so I go there now :hihi:. If you want to know what it's like, try using a pair of plastic chopsticks with one hand to get your quid back next time you go shopping. :shakes:

And its an almost impossible task to open a can of something to drink!

Yes, that's so true... I have to jam a knife under the ringpull sometimes. :hihi:

I like having long nails but not the mess your nails are left in afterwards. And its an almost impossible task to open a can of something to drink!

That one's easy- you just need the handle of a teaspoon or similar utensil to pop the ring pull up without ripping your nails off :)

For the pound coin out of the trolley, that would be the same as the contact lenses- side of the thumb and side of the forefinger.

There is a way round virtually all of these things (although you do scratch yourself something dreadful while you work them out!).

Men with Long Nails = Ultimate TURN OFF!!!!!!!!!

That one's easy- you just need the handle of a teaspoon or similar utensil to pop the ring pull up without ripping your nails off :)

For the pound coin out of the trolley, that would be the same as the contact lenses- side of the thumb and side of the forefinger.

There is a way round virtually all of these things (although you do scratch yourself something dreadful while you work them out!).

Catching them underneath car door handles :( ouchies!

Nope, that doesn't work for me. The pound is pushed inside the tiny half-circle groove so far that you have to use the tips of your fingers to reach it. :cry:

I'm completely the opposite, I've had long nails since I was fairly young but they're currently in terrible condition so I decided to cut them off.

Normal tasks are a nightmare for me, it took me weeks to be able to type at the same speed as I did with my nails. And I've been nearly in tears on more than one occasion because I couldn't undo the knots in my shoelaces!

The only thing that really annoyed me about having long nails was trying to get lip balm out of tubs - impossible without getting a lump of goo stuck under the tip!

Is there a difference between real/fake long nails? I've only worn false ones once and lasted about an hour before ripping them off because I couldn't do ANYTHING, whilst wearing them.

Is there a difference between real/fake long nails? I've only worn false ones once and lasted about an hour before ripping them off because I couldn't do ANYTHING, whilst wearing them.

Yes, a HUGE difference. Natural long nails don't cause the same problems because they're thinner. My silk dust, teamed with the extensions, have made the nails 3 times thicker than normal, which is where the problems come from.

To top it all off, scratching just aint what it used to be. :sad::hihi:

No, long nails are completely disgusting. Seeing someone with big horrible talons tapping away at things make me feel ill :gag: And they trap dirt too :gag::gag::gag:

No, long nails are completely disgusting. Seeing someone with big horrible talons tapping away at things make me feel ill :gag: And they trap dirt too :gag::gag::gag:

I second this! Mine don't come past the tips of my fingers, I can't stand having them longer.

Plus they'd be no good for work.