Does anyone actually LIKE having long fingernails??

I had my nails done with silk dust a couple months ago and they've been doing my head in ever since! Simple tasks have become the Krypton Factor. :?

They aren't that long, only 5mm past the finger, so it's not like they're annoying because I've had them done like those insane women who grow them and NEVER cut them.

If you have long nails do you like them or do you just like how they look? :help:

Only if I have a bogie.

Only if I have a bogie.

Are you a dude? If so are you one of them that grows the baby finger nail purely for mining boogers?

Are you a dude? If so are you one of them that grows the baby finger nail purely for mining boogers?
Yes and its just been put to good use, a real nasty one :hihi:

The long finger nail on the left hand is one of a mans best tools. I like all the rest of my finger nails short but the one long little finger nail is invaluable !

Yes and its just been put to good use, a real nasty one :hihi:

For a split moment I read "nasty" as tasty.:(

I let my fingernails grow long once...well longish, couldn't make the beds properly with them :roll:

I let my fingernails grow long once...well longish, couldn't make the beds properly with them :roll:
No but you would have been able to catch mice :D

It takes me twice as long to do up and undo buttons... and I've no chance when it comes to picking coins up off a flat surface. It took me about 30 tries to get my quid back out of the trolley at Asda the other day. :cry:

It takes me twice as long to do up and undo buttons... and I've no chance when it comes to picking coins up off a flat surface. It took me about 30 tries to get my quid back out of the trolley at Asda the other day. :cry:

Thats so funny, I'd carry nail clippers with me if I couldn't pick up a coin :hihi:

I love having my nails long, but it does take a different movement to do virtually everything if you're used to them being short. The hardest thing, which took me a very painful few hours to work out, was learning to take my contact lenses out with long nails (when I went from my natural short to extensions and silk wraps).

The answer is to use the side of the thumb and the side of the first finger (folded over so pointing back to the wrist) as pincers rather than fingertips, and there are similar answers to most of the things that seem impossible when your nails are suddenly long.

Typing becomes a seriously loud experience which involves loads of clattering on the keyboard and you find a way to use the side of your thumb or knuckles on buttons where fingertips would normally be used.

Shaz, why don't you just carry some sticky tape with you to pick up coins, this way you can keep your long nails :)