Hi Sheffield - We are moving to your city

Hi

We thought we'd intro selves!!!!

We are considering moving to Sheffield from London.

Reason is simple ie one get a lot more for their money and I can easily get a job here as my org has a place up here as well.

We visited Sheffield for the first time about 30 yrs ago when we were 11/12 yrs old.

We recently stayed at a plush hotel in your city and sourced a property - sale yet to go through, but we love the people and their accents here!!!

Importantly, when we sell up in london, buy a nice little detached home for approx 475k, we will still have a few k's left after paying off our lenders!!! Though the house needs doing up, managed to get the price reduced by a lot. Once done up, we reckon it may be worht around 575k-ish

We will miss london but then again we missed leeds when we moved up to london.

BTW, we have a sister here that works as a doctor and that was also a factor re us moving here.

Thank you for the welcome

:)

Edited by LDeville

is this an example of the royal we ? You seem to be describing yourself in the plural sense like you are schitzophrenic...

Ok, no welcome, no worries as this is only a forum and not the real Sheffield

Apologies for our lack of a proper welcome..............

You are of course welcomed warmly by both Sheffielders and Forumers,i hope all goes good for you .

I may have a biased view being a Sheffielder born and bred, but when I was at University, I went to London every weekend. After 3 years, I was starting to get bored of it, bored of all the toursits etc. Now I have finished and moved back, my trips up to London are so much more special.

Hope the move is as stress free as possible!

Welcome to oop North when you get here!Theres a really nice detached bungalow a few doors away from me for that sort of price, great big garden.

Many thanks!!!

Coming our for a quick trip over the weekend, possibly.

:)

What type of job will you get?

I don't think we needed to know how much you will be spending on a house you may want to tone that down a bit.

Ps London is down from Leeds.

Sorry about mentioning the price, can't delete now :(