Side farm fishery. HELP

I have a match coming up here at Side Farm Fishery Rotherham.. We have got the low pegs 1-18.Just wanted to know if anyone has been there and could give me a few tips on what to fish with and what bait is the best...

Any help would be very appreciated... mark.

A mate fished two matches there this year and both have been won with the Pole with chopped worm and caster. The biggest weights are made up of catches of Ide. Keep feeding little and often every cast or the fish will wander.

Regards

Quickpest

Thanks for that. More help, hints and tips would be nice... Is it any good down the edge or is it long pole??

Thanks for that. More help, hints and tips would be nice... Is it any good down the edge or is it long pole??

Both times he's fished he caught well at around 7 metres. I went up to watch and no one caught much at all down the margins. It's not very deep at all and the Ide do tend to get spooked after you've caught a few but do come back if you keep feeding, so light floats shotted right down are the way to go

A piece of worm seems to attract the better quality fish, but even then they're not massive at around 5-6 ounces.

Good luck pal, and let us know how you get on.

Regards

quickpest

take some maet aswell for a long line 13m+,feed 6mm and fish 8mm on hook,you'll get big ide and odd carp on it.personally i'd take caster and maggot and loosed start on the deck and shallow up til you get between 6-9 inch deep,just keep putting 5 or 6 caster in after every fish

Thanks for that. Was going to go at some point today to give it a try with my 7 year old son but its raining cats and dogs at the min and he does'nt want to go.. Might make it for a few hours one evening and try some different bai

ts..

I have a match coming up here at Side Farm Fishery Rotherham.. We have got the low pegs 1-18.Just wanted to know if anyone has been there and could give me a few tips on what to fish with and what bait is the best...

Any help would be very appreciated... mark.

where is side farm fishery in rotherham has any got a web site address or directions to it cheers mick

Todwick cross roads turn left (red lion pub, coming from Sheffield). Go straight on over the little bride and then turn left up rotherham road. Go to the end turn left, keep going and its on your right just b 4 the dog kennels on the left.

Phone number i used is 07909758724. Hope this helps...

A mate fished two matches there this year and both have been won with the Pole with chopped worm and caster. The biggest weights are made up of catches of Ide. Keep feeding little and often every cast or the fish will wander.

Regards

Quickpest

yep i second this but when the worm and castor in the cup dries up get a running method feeder (fixed are banned) with pellet or a feeder with shredded plumbrose with a cube on the hair rig up against the opposite bank re-casting in the same spot every 10-15mins when this dries up go back on the pole.

good luck :thumbsup:

ps if you have any sandwiches or other snap don't throw any bread in of leave bait or bread on the bank side you could get banned and i have seen her picking bits of bread up some anglers have thrown for the ducks she wasn't impressed.

Edited by jrowl

Fished here the other day, feeding micros & a bit of ground bait with 4mm expander on the hook. Had loads of fish with Ide to over a pound & quite a few Crucians to about 12oz all @ 7mtr.