The Ark veterinary practice Killamarsh

Does anyone use these, what are your opinions on them, good and bad needed please as I am considering changing to them.

cheers folks

we use them for our shar-pei always been bang on even when we have to ring for an emergency appointment,our boy is quite good at getting stung/bit and having a bad reaction,has to have a steroid asap,now they give us emergency tablets save us £35 a pop and he's lost 4 times this summer to wasps and ants !!

Me and my mum go here with our dogs they are great and they dont rush u in and out like others do they really care about the animals too

Ark Vets in Killamarsh and Dronfield are having an offer on neutering:

Dog castrate £85-£110 (upto 45kg)

Dog spay £100-£150 (upto 45kg)

Cat castrate £38

Cat spay £49

For futher details call 01246 415 270 or 0114 2470828

http://www.arkvetsheffield.co.uk

We have used them since they were wakley and speed :) they are brill with our two collie puppies ( We use killamarsh branch) and when they did horses they were used for my pony, they gave him a chance and sent him to liverpool uni to have his eye operated on. We had both our bitches spayed there and the scars were perfect (ie there barely is one) and they both bounced back remarkebly quick. Ben and Ian are fantastic vets and always give both our dogs a fuss, the dogs love it!.

Best of luck

Ellen

Think they are the ones who do vaccination for life for £99?? Well worth it if you have youngish dogs :hihi:

Phoned them this week for price to spay my pup it was £100 but this did not include anything but spaying.Coller,painkiller and pre op were all extra.I phoned park vets they only charge £117 and that's for everything Coller painkillers and two pre ops

Think they are the ones who do vaccination for life for £99?? Well worth it if you have youngish dogs :hihi:

Vets4Pets do this (Millhouses and Birley) I don't know if it was these you were thinking of? :)

I would never use them again!

They mis diagnosed Tilly and basically disregarded her symtpoms i paid for tests waited ages for results and was never really kept informed when actually something more should have happened. Peak had her cushings diagnosed within 1 visit and a test i had only been to the ark the week before with her they were trying to convince me she had lung cnancer despite never doing an xray. I am certain she would have lived longer had i not delibertaed about changing vets!

They also insisted on using anaesthetic to file the teeth of one of my g pigs she didn't survive the the recovery from the anesthetic.

I also saw one of the nurses deal appallingly with a chap who had literally just lost his dog to an rta, adz and i sat there in horror listening to her not understanding whta had happened and not offering any sympathy or support to this poor man!

They do do £99 vaccines for life i have my two on this. although they are not the cheapest for spaying they do a good neat job, mine barely has a scar and we had no problems after what so ever we were also told they use only the best of medical supplies (i assume they mean the anesthetic and stiches) and often end up with dogs from "cheaper practices" where things have gone wrong during spaying x

Phoned them this week for price to spay my pup it was £100 but this did not include anything but spaying.Coller,painkiller and pre op were all extra.I phoned park vets they only charge £117 and that's for everything Coller painkillers and two pre ops

Hi Froger,

Price includes pre-op check, pain killer on the day & all drugs / consumables / spay, post-op check 1-2ds later and suture removal 10-14days later. But not collar (many owners have one at home). Hope this helps.

They do do £99 vaccines for life i have my two on this.

My mistake, I wasn't aware of any other vets aart from Vets4Pets that did this.