Can asylum be revoked once the threat has been removed ?

who said anything about names i was refering to the types of benefit thieves again who shall we start with.

When you say "who" it implies that you want someone identified.

What are you actually asking for if it isn't the names of individuals?

But you do accept that it would save a very great deal more money?
Not having benefits at all would save money, its all down to the level of morality you deem acceptable. If people here are in need then i would say its our obligation, if people come here for the same level of compassion then I would say they are treating kindness as a weakness.

Call me what you wish but charity should always begin at home.

Tell them if they don't wish to be deported when the danger has passed don't come here try somewhere else instead and see if other countries let them stay.

And given that many of these people will probably start families whilst in asylum here what do you suggest is done with their children? They will be British citizens of course.

If you're answer is to deport them, I suggest we look back through your family tree and then deport you and the rest of the population... Or will there be some other distinction that means that we shouldn't apply it to you or people like you and me?

People are here that long being paid for by tax money ?

Is it not the case that Government cave in every so often and have an amnesty, making everyone they cant keep track of and here for a certain period into citizens ?

If that's the case then I fail to see your point because no one would be here 60 year as an asylum seeker and my post is about people here on a list for that, and the ability to be able to go back to their country and not actually fitting the criteria to then be an asylum seeker.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its a swan ?

You're right, they'd have been granted asylum and be a British citizen, there's no evidence that they wouldn't work and have a normal life, but you're saying that at some point they should suddenly be plucked out of that life and sent back to their home country. What you're saying doesn't make any practical sense.

When you say "who" it implies that you want someone identified.

What are you actually asking for if it isn't the names of individuals?

ok i got it wrong theres only one type of benefit fraud isnt there :huh:

I think there are certainly merits in a presumption of repatriation for asylum seekers when the danger that caused them to seek asylum has passed. It should cut down on bogus asylum seekers if they think that even if they pass themselves off as real asylum seekers sucessfully if events outside their control change then they will be deported, possibly to a country they don't actually come from.

It would help to reduce the perception of asylum as just another form of permenant immigration and if actually enforced would probably make most people more willing to accept more genuine asylum seekers on the basis of temporary sanctuary while the problem in their homeland was dealt with rather than just another route to permanent UK residency/citizenship.

It would focus the government on working with international partners to solve the problems which lead to genuine asylum claims and put pressure on abusive regimes to desist from the behaviour that leads to genuine asylum cases.

It would also provide a needed influx of generally fit young people into newly free countries such as kosovo to help build up the new or newly democratic nation.

If I heard someone screaming in fear in the street having been attacked i'd happilly give them temporary shelter in my home, I'd be less inclined to do so if it meant I became legally responsible for housing them, even after their attacker has been locked up.

Direct and to the point. That's exactly how we should be looking at this and not as an attack on anyone, this is about getting a Policy right and one that is fair. The more it seems to be out of control the thinner peoples charity will get and then one day we will find ourselves in a situation where we are calling to turn everyone away and deport everyone, pretty much how the BNP would like it. Do nothing and you will drive people to that way of thinking for sure.

And given that many of these people will probably start families whilst in asylum here what do you suggest is done with their children? They will be British citizens of course.

If you're answer is to deport them, I suggest we look back through your family tree and then deport you and the rest of the population... Or will there be some other distinction that means that we shouldn't apply it to you or people like you and me?

my bold not that old chestnut :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's an 'old chestnut' because it's a perfectly valid argument, I was asking about the British children of people who were granted asylum...

The more it seems to be out of control the thinner peoples charity will get and then one day we will find ourselves in a situation where we are calling to turn everyone away and deport everyone

Exactly how out of control is asylum at the moment?

Its silly to expect anyone to scurry back to their country once the political climate improves. England's a great country to live in and no doubt the Asylum Seekers have started a new life here. Their kids will be at school, if they have any, and they'll have homes. It'd be inhumane to then turf them out.

Its a different matter though to stop bogus Asylum Seekers, that needs looking at. Problem is we have a bunch of ninneys running it and they appear to believe any **** and bull story fired at them....

We'll have to honour our obligation to those already here but make it much tougher in future, erm, but we won't....

You're right, they'd have been granted asylum and be a British citizen, there's no evidence that they wouldn't work and have a normal life, but you're saying that at some point they should suddenly be plucked out of that life and sent back to their home country. What you're saying doesn't make any practical sense.
What is hard to understand ?

If people have been granted citizenship then they are not asylum seekers and exempt from what the topic is about. Anyone not classed as asylum seeker are obliged to get a job and pay into the system like the rest of us are they not ?

Unless you are like the others that assume that raising a topic about immigration/asylum automatically puts you in a certain bracket of person ? In which case your one of the reasons why we can't have a practical debate about it in this country, nothing will get solved and the divide will grow wider.

Exactly how out of control is asylum at the moment?
Asylum that is being abused is always out of control. The people that come here and don't get it just sneak in anyhow or don't leave, we can't keep track and end up letting everyone stay just because we have not kept a grip and can't regain the initiative.

So why would it be so difficult to say that all those that can go back should ?

If the grounds of your request are no longer valid then we should be obliged to re look at the granting of the asylum status, its not difficult and its a start.