Can asylum be revoked once the threat has been removed ?

Do any western power have any troops on the ground in significant number?

But that doesnt mean someone else isnt doing their dirty work for them to get at the oil does it?

Yes it is, it's a temporary category that doesn't lead to settlement. Now be told.

I'm glad to say that you're wrong

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/outcomes/successfulapplications/leavetoremain/

But unfortunately I can't claim to be entirely correct either.

Initially someone granted asylum will be given leave to remain for 5 years. They must apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain before they reach the end of that 5 year period and if granted then they can stay forever.

Some asylum seekers may be granted immediate indefinite leave

(Instead of being given temporary permission to stay for five years, refugees who are resettled in the UK through the Gateway Protection Programme are immediately given permission to settle here permanently. For more information, see the Gateway Protection Programme page.)

So that's both of us told.

Where did you pluck that figure from? you just making these up to try and support your opinion?

In 2007, 19 of every 100 people who applied for asylum were recognised as refugees and given asylum. Another 9 of every 100 who applied for asylum did not qualify for refugee status but were given permission to stay for humanitarian or other reasons.

So that means 81% are denied asylum, with 72% being denied the right to stay at all.

I'm glad to say that you're wrong

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/outcomes/successfulapplications/leavetoremain/

But unfortunately I can't claim to be entirely correct either.

Initially someone granted asylum will be given leave to remain for 5 years. They must apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain before they reach the end of that 5 year period and if granted then they can stay forever.

Some asylum seekers may be granted immediate indefinite leave

So that's both of us told.

They do not get leave to remain, they get limited leave to remain. Leave to remain and limited leave to remain are not settlement cases. Leave to remain can lead to settlement after a period of 5 years in a single category. Limited leave to remain does not allow settlement but applicants can apply for long-residency after 10 years legal saty or 15 years illegal stay. off the top of my head' children can apply for settlement after 7 years schooling.

Possibly not just the land gone to ruin, but probably gone to someone else.

Or full of mines if a civil war had taken place in that area

Or perhaps you could just learn to read

Not only can I read, I already quoted bits of it, but for your sake I'll do it again.

When you are given asylum or humanitarian protection in the United Kingdom, you will have the same rights as permanent residents of the country and will be able to start building a life here. We call this integration into our society.

Perhaps you could learn to be less arrogant?

If we recognise you as a refugee, or we decide that you may stay here for humanitarian reasons, you will be given permission to stay in the United Kingdom for an initial period of five years.

I won't hold my breath though

f you are a refugee or someone granted humanitarian protection whose limited leave is due to expire from August 2010 and you need continuing protection you will need to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) before your leave expires.