Can asylum be revoked once the threat has been removed ?

If asylum is granted and continued on the basis of a person not being safe in their own country the anti would have to return and the pro Gadaffis stay.
dont you get the feeling its a vicious circle and one we seem to have to put up with :loopy:

Asylum that is being abused is always out of control. The people that come here and don't get it just sneak in anyhow or don't leave, we can't keep track and end up letting everyone stay just because we have not kept a grip and can't regain the initiative.

So why would it be so difficult to say that all those that can go back should ?

If the grounds of your request are no longer valid then we should be obliged to re look at the granting of the asylum status, its not difficult and its a start.

So you want all asylum seekers to be banned from working and forced to live on less than what is deemed the minimum amount for a native unemployed person, for what could be an indefinite period?

That is your ideal solution is it? Perhaps 40 years down the line when they still can't go home you will be happy for them to still be here, living off next to nothing, contributing nothing to society and generally feeling worthless, when they could well have contributed massively to this countries prosperity. All so you can send them home? Pretty bloody twisted if you ask me.

Im not sure how long it is to be honest, Im sure there ill be a limit in which we must then grant people permanent residence. Anyone know what it is ?

I know every so often they admit defeat and then let everyone stay, just to get the figures off the chart so they can start again and calm everyone down because it looks out of control.

But what if they're great people. Loved by their neighbours, community spirited and do work, say as a Support Worker. A worthwhile job, that's a great benefit to the country at large?

We need to concentrate on booting the dodgy ones out, and stopping them coming in. I don't think you can take a big brush and sweep everyone out. You have to be selective.

I prefer to stop them coming in the first place. I personally wouldn't have the heart to kick someone out after they'd been here years. Unless they were the dodgy type...

dont you get the feeling its a vicious circle and one we seem to have to put up with :loopy:

Let me throw something else into the equation we as part of NATO we were bombing pro Gadaffi installations to protect civilians who were pro the rebels.

Now if the side we were against feel threatened do we grant them asylum ?

So you want all asylum seekers to be banned from working and forced to live on less than what is deemed the minimum amount for a native unemployed person, for what could be an indefinite period?

That is your ideal solution is it? Perhaps 40 years down the line when they still can't go home you will be happy for them to still be here, living off next to nothing, contributing nothing to society and generally feeling worthless, when they could well have contributed massively to this countries prosperity. All so you can send them home? Pretty bloody twisted if you ask me.

Its better than your solution which appears to be come here for asylum, here's a passport and the job center is that way, hope you get a job and the local population out of work don't take offence to you.

I know which message I would sooner give out to any would be migrant coming here to float our systems of compassion for economic reasons.

There is no real solution as such, all we can do is tighten our belts as the people seeking to come here escalates in order t give the real claimants a chance. What exactly is the problem with revoking a status no longer valid ?

Edited by kimba

Let me throw something else into the equation we as part of NATO we were bombing pro Gadaffi installations to protect civilians who were pro the rebels.

Im not sure how it works, I assume that you have to be fleeing a ruling party and not actually be the ruling party that has lost power. Besides the fact that the people as soon as they are running the country properly will want to get justice legally and as long as we recognize their right to do that or take the cases on yourself in the Hague, then that would be acceptable and anyone wanting to evade that would be seen as trying to evade justice and not warranting asylum.

Its got a lot to do with how we view the legitimacy of governments and have confidence in their capacity for justice.

i bet you a tenner we do :hihi: then refer to my post (97) and answer that :suspect:

Its better than your solution which appears to be come here for asylum, here's a passport and the job center is that way, hope you get a job and the local population out of work don't take offence to you.

Asylum seekers don't get a passport. That comes with citizenship which is granted seperately.

Secondly, if I went for a job and an asylum seeker got it, then the problem would be mine. If they were the best person for the job then good for them.

Asylum seekers don't get a passport. That comes with citizenship which is granted seperately.

Secondly, if I went for a job and an asylum seeker got it, then the problem would be mine. If they were the best person for the job then good for them.

I did not say they do, does anyone actually read whats being put on this forum ? :hihi:

if an asylum seeker got the job he would be breaking the law :hihi:

What's the technical term for someone who has been granted asylum? An asylee? :)