Where are the quality Italian resturants in sheffield

Where are the best quality food Italian resturants in sheffield? I dont mean the posing palaces, just nice food at reasonable prices. I am struggling to find better than Marranellos on Eccleshall Road, or is it that I have already found the best, you tell me...

I agree that Maranellos on Ecclesall Road is the best that I've been able to find thus far in Sheffield too. However, Im hoping there are more high quality Italian Restaurants out there. I'm yet to try Marcos at Milano as Ive heard a lot of praise for that place. I don't mind paying the higher prices if the quality and quantity are both up to a high standard.

Now look, are we going to get freaky or are you going to keep flapping your chops about eating in Rotherham? A man of my class shouldn't even be seen in Rotherham, let alone eating in Rotherham.

Now what's it going to be?

Nurse, I think he's missed his medication! :loopy:

I'm yet to try Marcos at Milano as Ive heard a lot of praise for that place. I don't mind paying the higher prices if the quality and quantity are both up to a high standard.

I've heard good things about Marcos too.

Edited by FACEBOOK

Nurse, I think he's missed his medication! :loopy:

You've got no standards which you freely admit which means I must be on medication? Yes, that makes sense.

We also visit La Romantica on London Road. A very small intimate place with excellent food and friendly service.

I'll give a qualified second to La Romantica. I've visited a few times over the last few years, and have found the standard highly variable. Sometimes it is excellent - I had the best zabaglione ever there - but, on other visits, it is very average. If you get the right night - perhaps it is one particular chef - it can be as good as anywhere in the city.

with a name like Maltbyminer the OP already knows a lot about Rotherham. Agree with FACEBOOK Rotherham, in general is a complete ****hole. That is why I moved to Sheffield. Anyway, restaurants... Marco@Milano very good but a bit pricey for your average meal out. There is a eclectic one in Crookes called Franco's Pizzeria :-)

Popolo's in Leopold square is good - its a chain but its good.

any one know a good Italian restaurant ? fancy a change, we like the traditional taverna type but they don't seem to exist these days !

Edited by Maltbyminer
add to

Vitos on South Road, Walkley

any one know a good Italian restaurant ? fancy a change, we like the traditional taverna type but they don't seem to exist these days !

Maranello's Ecclesall Road:)

Vitos on South Road, Walkley

People rave about Vitos but I honestly didnt like it (admittedly only been once)...felt pretty average to me and too expensive for what was pretty basic Italian food with basic decor...

I would prefer to spend only a little more and eat at Marcos or Gusto...

Having said that , had a pretty decent meal at La Terrazza on sharrowvale road the other week.