X Factor 2011 Megathread

I'm going to start a campaign to get Damien Rice into a grave so that he can turn in it. :suspect:

I must admit standards were quite low and I would not even consider going to the live tour this year

I think this was the worse X Factor series there has been. Poor quality contestants (relatively speaking) and a shambles of a production all the way through.

What a coincidence, they are the "finale" act in the M&S advert, and go on to win the show...

...who'd a thought it?

The runner up always tends to do better, as the winner has to spend 12 months making their album, and they only reappear when the Xfactor starts again next year, when they release their second single. The runner ups tend to be picked up immediately and have a song out within 2 months, and 3 or 4 by the time we see the winner again, by which point they've been forgotten.

I agree, that never happened to start they used to throw the album out too quickly (the Popstars/idol days) they need to find a happy medium . . . winners single released now and then another single in feb or something. . . but not a cover.

I think Cannonball was a song that was more suited to Little Mix - and so it was obviously gonna be them that won after that . . . .

Marcus can look at finding himself a manager that will help him be the artist he should be

I think this was the worse X Factor series there has been. Poor quality contestants (relatively speaking) and a shambles of a production all the way through.

None of them had that 'stage presence sparkle' thing about them, the show will most likely be a rather boring one.

What a coincidence, they are the "finale" act in the M&S advert, and go on to win the show...

...who'd a thought it?

They rotate the finale act in the ad every time it's on.

And its been cut every week to only include the acts left in, just had to explain that to my fb friend when she said it was a coincidence the final 3 were the ones on the advert :hihi:

If you want to see them they will be switching on the Christmas lights in the Pontefract branch of pound land next year.

or in 6 years time they will be singing at a Christmas night as the 80s entertainer just like my night out last night had Rowetta from series 1!

...and the "cursed" slots in each nights line-up are equally random, I'm sure.

Not really. Just think of it as a competition, that's all it is. Do you really begrudge people entering a competition and then perhaps doing well after entering?

What they have done has no bearing on you and your music. Plus no one is stopping you from entering X Factor yourself. Get yourself auditioning next year lad.

If people wern't spoon fed, they might actually start listening to real music. You never know, people might actually discover something new and interesting.

You are of course right it was nine inch nails however and I very rarely say this about covers but I actually think the cash version was better.

Btw love the Hicks avatar, legend.

I agree, the words carried so much more meaning when Cash sang it. He was on his death bed at the time, very moving song.

Anyone else thinks that one of em looks like a chipmunk.?

i was trying to work out why the winners had a fat middle aged woman with bags under her eyes pretending to be a teenager just before you posted this and made me smile! god she's ugly. :)

highlight of the night was coldplay and we only watched the last 20mins, it was quite embarrasingly poor. at least they will be forgotten about next summer when the next series starts.